Playing Purple

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NatureMonster

07-11-2011

I had my first pvp the other day and my team played as purple. I found this extremely difficult not only because everything was on the opposite site but mostly because I was unable to see what the enemy blue champions where doing.

I suggest to the designers that when playing as Blue or Purple, it would be better if you always play up the field - so to remove the avantage of blue over purple.

Can provide any information that can help me and others when playing as the purple team?

Thanks

Tunestwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

its just that you always have a fog-of-war @ the enemy teams unless they come in your team vision, so you can buy wards to get more vision for more information or just hope the best
i hope you have your answer?

NatureMonster

07-11-2011

Your champion is in the centre of the screen. Because of the informatio bar at the bottom (with health, spells etc) you don't see as much of the bottom of the map as the you do above you. If you see what i mean.
When playing blue you can see deeper into purples' lane, whereas when playing purple you see less into blue's lane because of the information bar at the bottom.
This gives blue a clear advantage as they see more whats going on then purple. I found it very difficult to see what was going on in the blue middle lane when I played mid as purple.
Maybe it's just me as it was my first ever pvp and my first ever time as purple. Maybe because I have done soo many game against bots as the blue team I am just not used to playing purple... :-/
Maybe.. this is something the developers can look at so it always appears you play from the south, or maybe I should shut up and deal with it.

Do others not find it a lot more difficult playing purple?

SANEakaIN

07-11-2011

Unlock your camera ( press Y to toggle lock, mouse on the edge of the screen to move the camera, press spacebar to center camera on your champion ), then you can adjust it to see the opposing champions ( start learning to play with an unlocked camera as soon as possible, you will get used to it fast ).
You can also reduce the HUD scale in options to make the HUD smaller, and remove the HUD walls to increase your screen area.

You will get used to it pretty quickly and then it wont be an issue.

NatureMonster

07-11-2011

Thanks Saneaka. I will do that