How do you win a ranked game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seneijashuu

01-10-2010

http://yfrog.com/n1howtowinj

i really dont know what to do now?
how do you guys win solo queue ranked games? as u can see 7 different carries (a 14/6/9 urgot game not showing) and i just cant seem to win.
and i really dont consider myself a bad player at all..

its always me and 2 equally good players and 2 uhm.. bots i guess by playstyle, vs 5 perfectly good players..

why do i get 2 broken players in all my games now? is it a bug? my client is faulty? my account is hacked?

i mean the enemy teams always have 5 good players, howcome the 2 of the 10 players that join in the game, that sucks, gets sucked to my team? every game?

ranking went from 1350 to 1142 in less than a week.

seems like the worse my ranking gets, the worse players i get. leavers and karthus not buying boots to 31 mins etc. (yeah had one that did just that) so is this just a spiraling black hole or what?

how can you win the game? can you reset your elo somehow? and why do i have to get so low stats when clearly i dont deserve to get as much -elo as a feeding player going 1-18-3 ?

Majestic Unicorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

I win ranked games by playing completely r-tarded champions.

Somehow I win soloqueue with it

DiscoBandit

01-10-2010

It's easy, pick Garen, go solo mid, farm farm farm, when you have 3 sunfires just yell DEMACIAAAA and win.

Saurian

01-10-2010

Been happening to me a lot too. I think the new matchmaking system sucks. You can't win 2v5. Here's a example:

Our team:
Higher ELO
Higher ELO
Level 26
Level 22
Level 29

Their team:
All level 30 and mid+ elo.

Especially if you happen to get some kind of winning streak the matchmaking will make sure it doesn't last too long.

Of course I don't know peoples ELO ratings but this is something I assume based on what I've seen.

Herpaderp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-10-2010

You can't win games playing Malzahar...

CalmdownUK

01-10-2010

You are probably one of those people who thinks that a good K/D ratio wins games right? And you probably back out of teamfights as soon as you've scored one or two kills and get targeted, leaving your teammates to die, you on a great score, and your team to lose the game. All the characters you play is assassin characters that are good at killing and getting away but less good at teamfights, for the most part.

So the answer is in part: you are the problem, your team is probably trying to teamfight and you're taking all the gold and not having the balls to stay in the fights

Atrensis

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurian View Post
Been happening to me a lot too. I think the new matchmaking system sucks. You can't win 2v5. Here's a example:

Our team:
Higher ELO
Higher ELO
Level 26
Level 22
Level 29

Their team:
All level 30 and mid+ elo.

Especially if you happen to get some kind of winning streak the matchmaking will make sure it doesn't last too long.

Of course I don't know peoples ELO ratings but this is something I assume based on what I've seen.
That can't happen in ranked games, because you have to be 30.

Cookiedough

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpaderp View Post
You can't win games playing Malzahar...
noo dont say that.. hes my fav. mage and i was just about to go solo Q ranked for the first time with him =p

Worlok

01-10-2010

Looking at your SS seems like you played normal games. So get your facts straight. In normal games it's not so uncommon to have such a loosing streak. Jus play more durable champs who are more versatile in carrying the game and soaking more damage. Everything you played, except poppy maybe, is very squishy and team dependant. Play some Garen, Xin, Olaf, a tank/support to keep your team alive more and see how it goes.

Herpaderp

Recruiter

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
Looking at your SS seems like you played normal games. So get your facts straight. In normal games it's not so uncommon to have such a loosing streak. Jus play more durable champs who are more versatile in carrying the game and soaking more damage. Everything you played, except poppy maybe, is very squishy and team dependant. Play some Garen, Xin, Olaf, a tank/support to keep your team alive more and see how it goes.
L2LoL! It says Normal in match history even though it's a ranked game.