My Shyvana Jungling guide on MobaFire.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dM Relic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

I hope you'll like it. Please comment, vote and respond on MobaFire if possible. But I'll try to answer questions here as well!

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/shyvana-draconic-jungling-madness-145666

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Me

Skelight

07-11-2011

Why not solomid?

dM Relic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

I found MobaFire easier to work with at first. I will definetely make a SoloMid version very soon, thanks for the downvote, btw! :P

Crimson Sunbird

07-11-2011

Dont jungle with her.
Only if you trust your teammates that they can win the game till you get fed enough in jungle.

Caethy

07-11-2011

Why the point in 'e' at level 3?
The extra level on W does only slightly less damage (Taking passive into account) to a single target, but is AoE. The E isn't really needed for ganking at level 3 either, because really, are you going to gank at level 3 with Shyvanna?
E is also annoyingly gitsy with it's hatbox.

Why no flat armour? It makes your entire jungle sooo much more smoother, and makes sure you always end up with significantly more HP to gank/counterjungle with, or to survive a counter yourself. Especially with a Vamp instead of a Cloth - It just makes her so damned squishy in the jungle.

Please please please add to her conns: She has --NO-- CC, she just doesn't have it. She's really really really dependent on the lane to gank well because she just doesn't have CC. Please tell people that are making a decision on wether to play her or not: It defines her.
No utility on a jungler is... An original choice. Yes, I can see why you don't do it (No resources), but ten without that... The Utility tree is great: You should always think VERY hard before deciding not to put points in it.

Regarding attack speed (Rune section), I do believe you mean it affects Twin Bite's cooldown, not Burnout. Runes are fairly personal, but there's a few choices that you really need to explain to me. You talk about the virtues of Attack Speed, and then only use non-optimal seals. Then add in some weird AP on your Quints.
I would greatly suggest flat armour on yellow, attack speed on red, and ArP on quints. It avoids using sub-optimal runes, and adds a nice bit of armour for your jungle.

Flash/Ghost is a personal choice on most champions. But Ghost on Shyvanna? She has her W, why would you advocate Ghost? Stick it in 'Less viable'.

Perhaps add to the guide that it's usually really great to pop your W -before- you ult. You will leave a trail of flame on your initial dragon attack. It's marvelous.

Nothing personal, just commenting on your guide. Choices in LoL are personal, but I do think you're making some choices that are either not thought out too well, or you just don't explain them right. You could be more optimal!
Really, do consider moving to Solomid. Even if your guide is really good, putting it on Mobafire just means you're throwing it in a pile of **** - There's some great guides on Mobafire, but overall, the standard on Solomid is just a bit better. A great guide on Solomid is great, a great guide on Mobafire is like throwing shiny jewelry to pigs.

RealTirigon

07-11-2011

I do not understand why you would jungle a champ that can win lane vs almost everyone, but sucks at ganging because of no CC.

Afgudins Fráuja

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Sunbird View Post
Dont jungle with her.
Only if you trust your teammates that they can win the game till you get fed enough in jungle.
This.
You WILL get told their Lee Sin/Shaco ganked 4x and you didn't gank at all "you retard" and you will get reported for helping the enemy.

dM Relic

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
This.
You WILL get told their Lee Sin/Shaco ganked 4x and you didn't gank at all "you retard" and you will get reported for helping the enemy.
This is a personal view on Shyvana. I explained what worked for me and not what everyone expects to work in the current meta. I personally think that the current meta is bull**** and it brings no versatility to game-play almost what-so-ever. For this reason I tried something new and it's working for me, the only thing I have to do now it perfect it.

And jungling with her with this build works for me so far, I'm still testing out some things such as different masteries. (I changed from the Defensive to Utility masteries with the 9 leftover points)

Quote:
Why the point in 'e' at level 3?
The extra level on W does only slightly less damage (Taking passive into account) to a single target, but is AoE. The E isn't really needed for ganking at level 3 either, because really, are you going to gank at level 3 with Shyvanna?
E is also annoyingly gitsy with it's hatbox.

Why no flat armour? It makes your entire jungle sooo much more smoother, and makes sure you always end up with significantly more HP to gank/counterjungle with, or to survive a counter yourself. Especially with a Vamp instead of a Cloth - It just makes her so damned squishy in the jungle.

Please please please add to her conns: She has --NO-- CC, she just doesn't have it. She's really really really dependent on the lane to gank well because she just doesn't have CC. Please tell people that are making a decision on wether to play her or not: It defines her.
No utility on a jungler is... An original choice. Yes, I can see why you don't do it (No resources), but ten without that... The Utility tree is great: You should always think VERY hard before deciding not to put points in it.

Regarding attack speed (Rune section), I do believe you mean it affects Twin Bite's cooldown, not Burnout. Runes are fairly personal, but there's a few choices that you really need to explain to me. You talk about the virtues of Attack Speed, and then only use non-optimal seals. Then add in some weird AP on your Quints.
I would greatly suggest flat armour on yellow, attack speed on red, and ArP on quints. It avoids using sub-optimal runes, and adds a nice bit of armour for your jungle.

Flash/Ghost is a personal choice on most champions. But Ghost on Shyvanna? She has her W, why would you advocate Ghost? Stick it in 'Less viable'.

Perhaps add to the guide that it's usually really great to pop your W -before- you ult. You will leave a trail of flame on your initial dragon attack. It's marvelous.
Thanks for commenting, I completely understand that it's nothing personal and there's no need to mention that. I will happily comment on your notes.

The point in E is, in my opinion, important for Bot lane and potentially Top lane if you have an AD carry/AD top laner. This will give them more burst which they usually have as a farming AD carry. And I'm currently testing Level 2 & Level 3 ganks which are working just fine if I time it correctly. The only annoying thing about ganking at level 3 in this way is working your way around the minions.

I agree on your armor, I have discussed it with friends. And after some negotiation I have come to a conclusion that I will change my Seals into flat armour and my Quints into ARP. Thanks for the notice!

After your comment and a suggestion from a friend I have decided to test the Utility over the defense tree more. As much as I love the dodge increase in team fights, I have indeed found that the Utility grants me such a better advantage in early and mid game. Which ultimately gives me a way bigger chance to excel at late game. Another thank you for bringing this up. Also, about that no CC thing to the cons list. I will add it, but I personally have not found any trouble with this. But that's probably because every single ganked opponent I have ganked so far has been basically stupid and pushed so far into the tower that it was basically a free kill. But thanks for the notice, I forgot.

I have done exactly so on runes, this was decided after a slight discussion with a few friends and that has indeed come to be my conclusion. Also, that was a type, I changed the Burnout to Twin Bite, you are indeed right about the cooldown thing. Thanks!

I have already switched the Ghost & Exhaust before I saw this. This was a small mistake I made on my part, thanks for the heads up anyways.

And I'll be sure to check out SoloMid later. Right now, I'd like to focus on MobaFire and I'll advance from that. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: About the trail of flame left in her path when using Burnout before using her ultimate. I forgot to put that in, thanks for that!