How to play as Irelia vs Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dubCast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2011

Hi,

I just got totally roflstomped as irelia against an udyr playing with phoenix stance. I just wanted to know if anyone knows what the correct way of playing against him is in that case? Thank you in advance for your answers!

tdawe

01-11-2011

Rush Dodge Boots and Wit's End and Max W - you should at least go even with him, if not kill him.

ToC Puma

01-11-2011

HUG THAT TOWER.

+ Buy some armor

dubCast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2011

thanks for your answer! sounds like a working plan, although i thought irelia is somewhat dependant on philostone. but i will try your advice next time i get the chance to play against an udyr top. thanks

Terayama

01-11-2011

I would rush Phage and maybe get a vamp scepter...survivability is all in this case, bc killing him would be hard even with a good gank

Gamezfan

01-11-2011

If he is laning as Phoenix, he should be autopushing his lane. That makes him an easy gank target.

Valedra

Recruiter

01-11-2011

Quote:
i thought irelia is somewhat dependant on philostone
nope... in my opinion buying gp5 makes your laning a lot weaker even though it makes your lategame better. just skip buying them
when i face an udyr i just buy withs end since q and r dmg are both magic and his autoattacks are as strong as mine are.

Shafty

01-11-2011

get some MR runes/items, udyr is mostly magical in early game

sirDarts

01-11-2011

Well, rushing armor doesn't really help - both phoenix and tiger deal magic damage.
Getting dodge boots IMO only helps vs Tiger stance Udyr.
Maxing W does sound like a good plan though. Not to mention that phoenix stance udyr is rather bad at the damage part of things, so you should be able to out-damage him, unless you feed him. Oh and he will most likely push the lane like a baws, so just get your jungler to gank him a few times.