Rune Combiner - someone EVER use it?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

The rune combiner sems really useless feature of game for me and my friends.
1st - who will risk his own set runes to get random rune??
2nd - who will buy 2 useless runes just to mix them for random if he can buy ready one??
3rd - we dont get runes from nowhere for free to mix them randomly.

So whats the feature created for?? I really dont get it.

This need improvement or totall change ,with if i would sugget it would go in this way:

1)Put rune of tier 1 or 2 to up it to higher tier with small cost of IP/RP.
Result - you can buy lower tier runes when you are out of IP or just low lvl to keep up with full runes guys ,and later you just pay the diffrence of IP/RP between tier 1 and tier 2 or 3 and UP ur spellbook without need of buying new runes.

2)Put rune and pay IP/RP to exchange it for other rune.
Result - the time when you want to change your spellbook ,but dont have IP to buy everything ,you could use your current runes as a sort of discount for your new ones.

3)Give small chance after finishing a game for random player to get random rune.
Result - we will have something to actualy mix in the combiner.

Edit: changed 3rd point from "win" to just "finish" ,as a suggestion from others to make people actualy finish games and not leave while the loose is coming.

El Flex0r

05-06-2010

It was usefull when I was still leveling. I put all my tier 2 runes in there which were already replaced by tier 3. Whenever two of the random tier 3 runes I got were useless for me I put them in again.
I once even got a AP Quintessence out of it, still in my rune book.

So it's not useless in my opinion.

dithoricki

05-06-2010

I used it only when I reached high enough level to buy the greater runes and combined my lower level runes just to get rid of them. I actually was lucky enough to get a good quintessence rune. But I wont use it again.

Project Insanity

05-06-2010

When my old rune book was out of date I mixed all the runes and I didn't have to buy so many of the runes that I wanted to replace them with because I managed to get 2 or 3. The previous runes were useless to me anyway.

Aga Wojownik

05-06-2010

Yeah, supposing you don't **** points, so can't buy any combination and you change your gamestyle/char/there's huge remake of any char's skills and by that effective runeset, it is useful. Same when you bought low lvl runes earlier.

Also it's just nice looking and nice sounding implementation making game more... colorful and tempting for new players.
'Rune Combiner' sounds pr0. And so it looks like for someone new ;D

Eodath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

05-06-2010

make hidden tier 4 runes wich are only obtainable through combining 5 tier 3 runes and luck ;D

edit: and lvl 30

darkstar

06-06-2010

Personaly i didnt buy any tier 1 or tier 2/2,5 runes in my gameplay. It would be waste of IP looking how fast you can make 20+ lvl , before you get that lvl you will get IP to make whole runebook. Though if you waste IP on tier 1/2 you will need to grind IP practicaly from begining for tier 3 runes. Unless you have luck in random things ,still you will be left on minus.

Thats why i tell to my friends who start fresh to ignote the low tier runes and buy champions or leave cash for tier 3.

So the Rune Combiner just sems as feature for some guys that make bad rune books at lower lvls. And now they can gamble with it with the sound of devlopers laughting from them.

Though the feature could be usefull for everyone somehow.

Briaeros

06-06-2010

I might suprise you, but I only buy lvl 1 runes that I mix together. the 15 points runes. I might get things I don't want, but in the end, it comes cheaper. you just have to have a bit of patience.

And if you bought lvl 1 runes at the beginning, it's a nice recycler.

Beiz

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briaeros View Post
I might suprise you, but I only buy lvl 1 runes that I mix together. the 15 points runes. I might get things I don't want, but in the end, it comes cheaper. you just have to have a bit of patience.

And if you bought lvl 1 runes at the beginning, it's a nice recycler.
375 IP to get a random tier 3 rune? what if you're unlucky and only get the cheap runes (regardless of your need, that's still a 170 IP loss).

xPraetoriaNx

07-06-2010

I've been using it to reduce the trash (aka the nonused T2 runes) in my "inventory", but yeah, it's way too random to have any use in the game.

12345 ... 7