@All who think akali is overpowered (Counter akali guide?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raaverok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-10-2011

I was playing normal draft just now and someone from the opposite team picked akali. I've been wondering about a counter to akali to keep her from farming AND to keep her from killing her opponent in lane.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you:

Udyr.

Udyr with the correct runes and masteries (and maybe even without) counters akali ezpz.
Plus he is not expensive, not really hard to master and quite a strong farmer / toplaner too. When she comes to attack you, stun her with Bear(E). Then hit her once with Tiger(Q), for some nice burst. When you become damaged, leech HP with Turtle(W). As easy as that. Also, at like level 1-5, she will try to harass you with just her Q and then walking up to you and hitting you with a base attack, proccing the Q. To counter this, simply use Turtle to take away some of her damage and then just proceed with using Bear + Tiger.

Buy Wriggles first item, for even more sustain, second buy spirit visage, nice cd reduction and MORE sustain + MR, and then I like to either finish mercs or instabuy Wit's End.

Also, if akali starts using her alwaysannoying shroud, pick up an oracle's elixir. Now she can't even come close to you without being stunned and Q'd.

I hope this will help you, I'm sure there are some more counters to her, for example rumble, maybe GP too, but this "guide" is about Udyr. If you have any questions, comment and I'll try to answer them. Other replies will be appreciated too.

PLEASE NOTE: I am just trying to help the community here and stop the forum from flooding with akali QQ threads, this is NOT a rant against the people who think akali is OP.

Hypoftwz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-10-2011

Garen works aswell

Raaverok

28-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC Hypoftw View Post
Garen works aswell
That is true indeed. But once akali reaches a certain level, say 8,9, and has bought some items and perhaps a giant's belt, garen's power starts getting lower. But yes, garen counters akali pretty well, especially at the start.

Goesting

28-10-2011

renekton keeps her farm down as well, and can trade with her in his favor. once he hits 6, he'll be looking for any chance to outright kill her

Dagon Hammerfist

28-10-2011

Talon?

She jumps on you -> E-Q so she can't place her shroud, W, R, Ignite, R, death akali.

Raaverok

28-10-2011

Talon CAN kill akali, but he can not outsustain her. Akali with a hextech gun can lifesteal any harassment back, still harassing Talon until he has no mana. Talon is not that great a counter to akali.

Renekton is, however, also a good pick. I've tried that myself too and have indeed succeeded.

Oasley

28-10-2011

Karthus is also a good counter to Akali..

Severing

28-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasley View Post
karthus is food for akali

Raaverok

28-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasley View Post
If you think so, please tell me how.

Akali has, as I said earlier, pretty good sustain. Karthus has none. The only thing that's good about karthus against an akali is that his E will do damage to her even if she is in her shroud. But in lane, akali will eat karthus alive.

Lyth0c

28-10-2011

Wow, these community even needs a GUIDE how to counter Akali... This is kinda ridiculous.
As a experienced LoL player, you should know how to counter this or this champ. But I guess people are just too ignorant.
I'm maining her and I got maybe from 10 games 2 who even knew how to counter her, but failing still.
I hope this thread is going to be viewed many times, just because I dont want see any ''Akali is op'' thread.
Even Phreak said in his stream once, he or they wouldn't nerf her, because she's easy countered.