Ks ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fichetta

28-10-2011

Its always happen when some1 is running. Im playing range, so have bigger chance last hit, but when Im doing Im KSer. Next time I left last hit to another, but victim ran away.
Without my help, he cant solo. So what to do?

Leejone

28-10-2011

Secure kills. If there is any opportunity enemy to escape - get the kill. It is better to get flamed for KS then to alow enemy to escape. Good enemy - dead enemy.

As for me KS is situation, when your teammate used his high CD/Damage ability to kill disabled lowhealth enemy, or were running around holding his ability while you were fighting and then kill with it.

Also if you are carry - you can't KS, all kills are yours, it is your job to get as much gold as posible by any means.

basod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-10-2011

KS in the strongest sense is when a player feels he has the opportunity to kill the champion, but a teammate gets the kill with the full knowledge of stealing with intent. Its unsportsmanlike and unfortunately does happen.

If it is an accident because of auto attack, apologise. If they're still unhappy with you then ignore them and move on.

If you playing as support or tank, ideally you need to let your carries get the kills so they acquire the gold and farm to carry your team to victory.

Wadesy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-10-2011

Personally I'd advise you to always go for the kill no matter what, the gold gain is vital in a game and unless you have just sat in a brush doing nothing for the fight/team fight then you are equally entitled to the kill.

Always remember this is a team based game where results are made as a team - If you see a killing opportunity then take it and accept the flaming you will get. It can be quite bothersome but luckily nothing more.

SDMarukokun

28-10-2011

if a teammate is 1v1-ing an enemy, make sure you get at least a hit in, even if it's the killing one, since no assist at all === assist gold pool wasted.
(I've seen different numbers mentioned for assist pool: either 70% or 58.33% of the kill gold split among the champions assisting)

Creideiki

28-10-2011

It is a quick judgement call: will the enemy get away if I don't do something? If the answer is yes, it wasn't kill stealing.

You may still get flamed - I find it can calm the situation if you write: Sorry, didn't want to KS but he might have got away.

Tristan Trades

28-10-2011

Two things happen when I accidently kill steal:

-an enemy has been slain-
Me: Sorry for the ks
Team: No prblm

OR

-an enemy has been slain-
Team: OMG U FCKING NOOB! KS! KS! KS!
Me: Kill Secure?
Team: NO NOOB! KIL STEEAL!!!
Me: No, KS means Kill Secure. Hahahaha Did you really thought it meant Kill Steal? hahaha This is a TEAM game, you can't steal anything from a teammember. hahaha

Xilmi

29-10-2011

I remember having heared that a lot during leveling.
When you play ranked games at level 30 you almost never hear anyone say it anymore.
So only the really bad and unexperienced players do not get that it does not matter who in the team gets the kill as gold for the team is gold for the team.

MiniLynx

29-10-2011

Haha, what Tristan Trades said.
I find that really good and do it too.

I mean I play Lux, and with my Ulti, I end up making a lot of kills, and using Mejais as my first item after shoes, I prefer to get as many kills as possible, so after every spell, I try to light off my Illumination charge which ends up with me getting quite a few killing blows, if it seems like the kill could have been my other laners, I apologise in advance, otherwise, I dont even need to, its a team game, he gets gold for the assist, and the kills help me more as well, plus you can always troll with the KS = Kill Secure if some noob trys to bash you.

MrFriendlee

30-10-2011

I agree with all of the above, that there's no such thing as a kill steal. However there are some things that you can take into consideration before killing a champ.

- Carry's should get as much kills as they can, because this increases their gold and so do the items they can build.
- When someone is playing with Master Yi, he can ultimate and reset his cool downs if he kills someone. So if he kills a champ, he can start using his skills again right away. Sometimes it's better to let Yi take the kill so he can continue chasing another champ.
- If you're a support then you shouldn't be trying to get any kills and leave them to other team members near you, they can use the gold better than you can for damage per second (dps) or defensive items.

Another note, when people are using caps or noobs in the same sentence, just ignore them.

Cheers!