How do you counter Nidalee?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-10-2011

Hi, I'd like to ask you how do you counter nidalee on top?
Ofc if it's lame nidalee player i have no problems killing it with every champion i can play, but if it's good player i kinda feel like i can't do anything but sit under my turret and cs.

I tried to play Jax vs Nidalee and it was fine till level 6. Then cougar, pounce jump, we're both like 20% hp and she runs away, heal herself and push even more my lane.

It's nearly impossible to kill that cat.

What are your thoughts about that? Which champ to pick against?

Didaksan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-10-2011

Warwick is an exceptional choice against her after picking up a chalice u can sustain and poke her up while she tries to cs or heal,and then you can finish her off w/ ult & ignite.
Pretty much warwick can deal with any charater there is.
Another good character is cho'gath as he will not allow her to push the lane,but that's more of a passive play.
Galio and Yorick are another 2 great choices as she deals magic damage and galio's a natural ap stomper while yorick is following the starcraft "zerg" mode.
Udyr and Irelia are last as they do sustain,but the 2 characters cannot really fight her one on one or at least kill her.
If you haven't noticed all of these champions have good sustainability and semi-high damage output in the early game.I personally think you should find your character and start beating them nidalees up.

Convers911

27-10-2011

a long range ad carry as corki ez tristana will work

Ghalt

27-10-2011

Warwick isn't my favourite champion, same as udyr or yorick.

I do play Irelia -> but fighting Irelia vs Nidalee on top, it's kinda lost fight in the lobby.
Galio? ChoGath? How galio can stomp Nidalee, i don't mind nidalees spears sooooo easy to avoid. Worse is cougar, she leaps into the middle of the creeps, pounce, pounce and u r losing hp, and she's not, coz she have that stupid heal.

ChoGath, mhm, maybe, never tried. Maybe this is the champ for me to counter that cat.

basod

27-10-2011

When she runs away, she's gone - always assume this. One of the quickest characters in the game and almost impossible to chase. Hard stun stops the cat in her tracks mind you.

GmanLee95

27-10-2011

Singed and Cho are good.

The latter has great sustain and his Q/W is good for keeping her off you.

Singed means she can't get close or she'll get flung/poisoned- so all she can do is throw spears. Start boots and then run around like crazy- if you can dodge them then you have pretty much free farm and aren't threatened. Post catlyst you're too hard to kill.

Playful

27-10-2011

?? i pick nidalee as a counter pick vs singed. Singed can do anything vs her in lane

Zauberhanz

30-10-2011

I think that Gragas is a decent choice.
Maybe it can be littel odd in lane phase (did not test it yet). But i think he have good sustain can easly clear mini waves later on and you got good normal damge whit gragas for meele fights agianst cogar too.

I am not that intrested in counter Nidale in the lane since her sustain was reduced, but to get something agianst perma poke of Nidale spear. Gragas have himself enough poke damge to outdamge the sustain Nidale offers. The spears will still hurt if they hit but the enmy team needs to worry about themself too. A good example where this kinda happened (they were not at the same lane) was the fight Canada against USA ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyAs_dQbb0) It is may not enough but a basic idea.

UberN00by

30-10-2011

I play nidalee as main, I know a few things:
-If you play nidalee a lot you know how to evade spears, also when chasing nidalee after she went out of tiger form she usually throws a spear because you will probably chase in straight line. just like morgana, when chasing, suspect a sudden change back and spear throw, so as soon as change back, walk aside.
tiger form seems do do a lot of damage, that is because her pounce hits too when jumping on you. If you are playing OP jax, try jumping on nidalee as soon as you got stun, then stun her, hit like 2 times, run into the bush above you, expect a spear to be thrown to you when you're out of attack range.
I prefer a melee unit against me that doesnt have any ranged attacks. Jax is a good example. I'm not pro but my advice is: have atleast one ranged attack or a really good burst if you're going to fight nidalee.
I usually do not get any boots, in the beginning, the cooldown on pounce is pretty high so getting away is in the beginning not even that easy.
try bursting nidalee sometimes, then you get her mana down for her heal so she cant spear anymore

Dominhate

31-10-2011

Why dont you try cassiopeia. She does major dmg and has a quick retreat in case you arexlosing against her. Her poisen counters her healing exxelent and when i counter nidalee with cassio i have a garabtee of being fed. Even when the players are good with it . My advise try casiopeia !