Sunfire Cape´s stack...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blight D Jan

04-06-2010

look at this:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1...gueoftanks.jpg

All my team crying for surrender and one goes afk when we were equal on Inhibitors destroyed.

Also buff Soraka(can't kill, can't farm .. so no gold and no items), i'm bait right now.

Greyford Godlike

05-06-2010

Lol. Well if you go for a Sunfire Cape Item Build, you have big disadvantages in earlygame.
Also it takes you like 50minutes to get those many sunfire capes.

At least sunfire capes deal magical damage, so just buy magic resistance.

Blight D Jan

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyford Godlike View Post
Lol. Well if you go for a Sunfire Cape Item Build, you have big disadvantages in earlygame.

Nice you get magic resistance, that means no damage to they and Magred´s Bloodrazor is useless too, not the frist time i met similar teams.And yes, we had Magic resistance and magic resistance auras.

In early game they are still tanks with defensive runes and masteries with Reinforce(improved fortify) so they only have to defend and try to CC in his tower (none of us or they feeded btw)until they decide to attack.

If we had'nt soraka and Kyle with heals and ultimates they would be feeded and push even more fast and end the match in early game.

Also you forgot tons of hp and armor they have(rammus pasive) and all CC tanks have.Only way to kill they is by counteratacks, and hope they dont survive long enough until his teammates come.

Thx for bad rating.

Gray seer

05-06-2010

basicly its true its too strong, make it a unique effect and buff the dmg to 80.

besides that, the problem is that tanks are impossible to kill for anything but the highest ad dps classes, which is ****.
if that team have had akali,yi,jax,shaco+tank, the opposing team would have had a harder time getting to the point where they could buy those sunfires, simply becouse all off these classes will kill any off these tanks in a matter off seconds when focused.

although i still believe tanks to be too hard to take down for most charecters.

Gray seer

05-06-2010

Quote:

no not really, its a hp item, it gives high resist, and its normal in price, 2 sunfires and your already the winning card with a tank. 3-5 of them and ramus can solo most full teams.

i have never meet a team like this but by using ramus+sunfires and mostly winning bc of it, i can imagine how rediculess this most be, a full team with 4,5k+- hp 80+- % resistance, and a aoe dps off 200 per person=1k PERMA aoe dps. its like having 5*ryze max gear with no cd's on his spells and 4,5k hp :/ there is no way to stop this..
they would be able to just run right through the towers already in early game
but this is as much a tank problem as a sunfire... and it could be corrected by fixing tanks rediculess dps output compared to the survivability (most tanks have the dps aff AP dps's) or/and removing the HP from the sunfire or nerfing it by making the dmg abillity unique but to balance it raise it to 60-80, to make it more variable for more classes.

Puschel the Soft

05-06-2010

the sunfire cape is perfectly fine as it is.
Having a lot of sunfire capes does provide a lot of advantages: you have high hp, decent damage and high armor.
It has its downsides too: It's rather expensive, compared to other items the dps you get is rather ****ty, you have to fight enemies that stand in one spot, you are extremely vulnerable to magic.

I tried that tactic a few times and it does work well, but if you are against a team which has ryze and another good nuker in it, you pretty much fail. (you have to stay grouped, if ryze activates his ulti and throws a cascade in, everyones magic def is at 0) In your team you basically had no potent nuker, especially no AoE nuker. Furthermore you had no real disabler, unless you count heimer's grenade. It is obvious such a team is vulnerable to certain tactics.

Tanks are NOT too strong. A good carry deals so much more damage than any tank. A well equipped tristana has 2.5 hits per second with at least 200 dmg per shot and a little crit leaving her at something like 500-800 dps without skills.
Furthermore tanks are always melee. Sure, they (almost always) have stuns/disables to compensate that, but still, if they manage to get close to your whole team in a 5v5.
You simply cannot play without a real nuker (heimer isn't a real nuker^^) or a real tank (kayle kinda sucks as a tank) going for only physical dps as damage against an abviously premade team and complain that they won

Greyford Godlike

05-06-2010

Well I just checked your screen again.
Wondering how dumb your team was LOL.

1. You have no nuker
2. You only have Heimer's Missiles and Granate doing magical damage
3. Your Tryn does not even have Last Whisper (LOL)
4. Your Heimer has Staff of Void, for what? no one has even a single Mdef item.
5. 2x Stark's Favour?
6. Kayle should have gone on AP Build, that's the way to conter a 30mdef team.

So no offense but your team was a big fail. Try harder.
At least, fck you for -3 Rating. It's just the truth that Sunfire Builds are weak in Earlygame. Well if you aint smart enough to get Armorpen, that's your fault, but don't complain then.
Also you need 12.5k Gold for 5 Sunfires, so don't tell it would be an ez deal.

SO I do not refer to 25 Sunfire Capes on the team, it's just your fault if you let them get to these, of course 25*40 = 1k dmg is OP, but to reach them it's a long, hard way.

Blight D Jan

05-06-2010

Quote:
Well I just checked your screen again.
Wondering how dumb your team was LOL.

1. You have no nuker
2. You only have Heimer's Missiles and Granate doing magical damage
3. Your Tryn does not even have Last Whisper (LOL)
4. Your Heimer has Staff of Void, for what? no one has even a single Mdef item.
5. 2x Stark's Favour?
6. Kayle should have gone on AP Build, that's the way to conter a 30mdef team.

So no offense but your team was a big fail. Try harder.
At least, fck you for -3 Rating. It's just the truth that Sunfire Builds are weak in Earlygame. Well if you aint smart enough to get Armorpen, that's your fault, but don't complain then.
Also you need 12.5k Gold for 5 Sunfires, so don't tell it would be an ez deal.

SO I do not refer to 25 Sunfire Capes on the team, it's just your fault if you let them get to these, of course 25*40 = 1k dmg is OP, but to reach them it's a long, hard way.
I get bad rating first so don't be rude when others do the same to you.
Anyone can show his opinion while not flaming the threat i think.

I cant defend my team because i accept and invitation from public chat after a random match and did'nt know any of then but...

1-2-4:All have at least 1 magic resist item, really dont know what are thinking our heim(2x Rylai's crystal scepter?,abissal scepter would be a better choice if i was him, for counter basic magic resistance and get extra MR) but a mage would die even faster and barely finish they off with that tons of hp and chain CC(Amunu, stunts, slows, taunts...).

3-5:After Kayle goes afk our Tryn goes crazy and sell some stuff to get sunfire capes...didnt have more screens to show to you.

You are right like the user "Puschel the Soft" that having a dps team dont work against them but you never know while chosing your champion how will be your enemy team.

For me was a challenging match(i survived a lot of times being focused due to my suportt/semitank build or running while spaming starfall+Rylai and save teammates from a clearly dead) but i think stacking sunfire capes should not be in the game(also farms minions and creeps too fast).

Also thx for response and being in someway constructive i rated you up.

PD:Buff soraka, she lacks on gold earning :P.

Ryuugen

05-06-2010

Not that, but another reason, 5 times sunfire works also while you are invisible.
I'd also vote for a unique here, but anyways guys: Wrong Forum.

Slliks

06-06-2010

Get madreds bloodrazor.
It does in fact deal magic damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugen View Post
but anyways guys: Wrong Forum.
They are SUGGESTING in the SUGGESTION forum to make the DoT of sunfire unique.

right?