How to counter Akali?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jodan Wise

13-10-2011

First question: Have you ever played a laning phase against a GOOD Akali? If not, don't bother answering pls.

So I just played my worse game ever I think.

Was playing solo top Jax vs solo top Akali ...
Didn't realize how fail it would be, but it kinda hurt, a lot.

Starting from lvl 1, I couldn't go near the creeps because akali would have just killed me within 5 seconds.
So I couldn't farm and akali was farming for free.

She warded our bush and just pushed to the tower, still having her shroud to avoid ganks.

Even if I bought an oracle, I still couldn't go anywhere near the creeps because she'd still burst me down.

She actually dived me at lvl 6 without much trouble.

So I'm asking a few things here:

- Wich champions are good against her and why?
- How do you play against her? Push hard? Defensive?
- How do you stop her from farming?

PureHaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2011

Take Lee SIn:
U Counter her easy with a bit mdef (mercury treads) wich u have in his build anyway
In fights u just E her in the shroud makin her visible to u slowing and doing quit a bit of dmg...
Ur Q spell just totally pwns squishy chars like akali because of the scale of 1.8 i guess it was nerfed to that
And u have a shield W and lifesteal from it so u can push akali like all the time

And u cant let her allow to farm so push hard.. when u hit lvl 6 first as Lee sin u can just 1 combo her easy

Jodan Wise

13-10-2011

So that's one champ? What else?

Vugtz0r

14-10-2011

Hi,

I play Akali a lot and she is quite fragile in the beginning of the game especially if Akali can farm in the beginning she is unstoppable in mid/late game. I personally am countered best by ranged champions not letting me get a chance to farm.

Players that can stun her kill her quite easily because she is so fragile and while she is stunned she is dead in no time.

just my 2 cents

RootsRockRiot

14-10-2011

counterpick with:

garen, malz, morgana, talon, kassadin, warwick

buy pink wards
try NOT to feed her at all cost
buy wards so you aren't ganked too easily
CC her in teamfights; sometimes it is smart to CC her but kill the enemy AD carry before her. that's because killing akali "at all cost" can sometimes take too long, in that time a farmed carry already stomped half of your team. so actually you think you lost the teamfight because akali is "so OP" but your team chased her like braindead zombies while the rest of the enemy team has an easy job.

SoyleB

14-10-2011

The champion that seems to work for me the best is Galio (I'm not that great as lee sin, even though he's a great counter for akali). If she harasses you a lot just get a few more points on the shield and heal like a boss.

Any other Tanky DPS (Garen, Jarvan..) character should work, as long as you get some hp to survive her burst early on.

Anyways if you're having trouble with an akali, best way to solve it in my experience is just to get HP items early if you're laning against akali. That's the fastest way to get akali to not burst you down, and give you a chance to fight back.

adminpwnsu

14-10-2011

Champions that counter her in lane:
-Lee Sin
-Sion
-Renekton imo
-Irelia can also handle her
Maybe some more.

How to counter her lategame:
-Buy oracles (most important thing in my opinion)
-Protect your carry as a tank
-CC / Exhaust her, galio ulti is really nice here

Get Off My Chips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-10-2011

She is actually countered by a lot, she is pretty weak before 6, some chars that will destroy her completely.

Garen - hard counter
Le Blanc - VERY HARD COUNTER TO AKALI FREE WIN UNLESS YOU ARE DUMB
Yorick - just probably one of best laners in game atm
Talon - can zone Akali pretty easy, also one of few who can kill her at lvl 6
Not Lee Sin, only people who don't play Akali or Lee say this, Lee can make her visible but he does not counter her in lane whatsoever and she can beat him at 6.

Also apart from shutting her down in late, she is countered by cc (well who isn't lol), in teamfight cced Akali = dead Akali.

RUZ3 Convers

14-10-2011

brand counters her early if you destroy her she cant farm/kill up

Orph4n

14-10-2011

Oracles.. Only oralces

12345 ... 6