Discussion : Irelia vs Singed toplane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AfterImage

13-10-2011

I've browsed the forums a bit lately.. and I personally love playing both Irelia and Singed in toplane. It's quite funny that different people seem to think about who wins lanes vs eachother.

I play Irelia mostly in 5v5 ranked premade with my team - and I have personally not lost to a singed yet. I have no set strategy for laning against singed, it's just that singed has a very weak early. It's the only moment hes vulnerable and Irelia is good at shutting him down.

However when I played singed lately, I found out I could beat the enemies Irelia. This let me to wonder - which you feel is the stronger laner, against eachother, in this particulair matchup? My current theory is that they are mostly equal. Both are best of just farming.

I hope this thread can remain trollfree. /discuss.

AfterImage

13-10-2011

... no opinions?

AldarnX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2011

well singed will just farm all day no matter how many times you kill him, eventually he'll push your turrets if you ever leave the lane

yes his early is terrible and you can kill him easily, but he will come back into it

problem is at some point your damage output wont be enough to stop him poisoning every creep in every wave and just completely ignoring you / killing you in the process

TheSquidfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2011

If Singed knows what he is doing(using abilities correctly) he can't lose to an Irelia & has an upper hand.
However if Irelia plays good she shouldn't lose a turret & be able to farm just fine, cause only way for Singed to kill Irelia is for Irelia to engage & chase him.

Imo junglers decide the outcome of that lane or both of them will just farm & then just join teamfights.

deineMODA

13-10-2011

when singed reaches 6 hes ahead imo. what happens before depends on the players

whatacheekykunt

13-10-2011

Here's what'll happen:

Until Singed gets his lvl3 poison and at least champ lvl6, the fight could go both ways since both champs are basically melee. Probably will just try to stay out of each others way, although Irelia can put more pressure on because she can stun and land some free hits on Signed without worrying too much about the weak poison.

Then, from lvl6 on both champs, there's really no way that one or the other will be able to kill each other if they are both careful. If Irelia gets too aggressive, Signed will fling, goo, gas and potion away while regenerating health. If Signed gets too aggressive, Irelia will stun, ulti him in the face while healing and gapclose away if needed.

Mostly, they will just be hating on each other the whole time but never kill each other. Signed has an easier time farming, but Irelia has easier ways of regenerating her health, so she can ignore the occasional Signed aggression and still keep on farming. Ultimately, the ganks from teammates will decide who wins the lane

General Stormfox

13-10-2011

I guess you just perfectly described why so many people think of certain champs as "unbeatable" in lanes: it depends on a lot of factors. Personal skill, experience with your and the opposing champion, skilling order, item order and preference, a bit of luck and right decision making, ganks, and much more.

There will always be some matchups that are hideously lopsided to one of the opponents (most melees have trouble with Garen for example, while he has trouble with champs like Morgana), but most of the time it mainly depends on the players behind both of them.

Rayvén

13-10-2011

With equivalent skill.... no one should be able to win.

ShakeNBakeUK

13-10-2011

both can stack hp regen so high that neither will die.
basically depends on which team has the better warding / ganks, cos the lane will be a stalemate otherwise.
getting a chalice on irelia helps, wheras getting tabi on singed helps him.
singed seems to be much better late game though, with equal farm.

upriseN

13-10-2011

buy a wits end, and youre good to go !

(edit)

yeah irelia is kind of my main