What about Alistar on solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faeriel

11-10-2011

As the title states, what do you guys think about solotop alistar?

I have to admit I was really really sceptic at the beginning, but I'm playing with an Alistar that seems to do incredibly well against most top laners... (I play as a Jungler)..

opinions? Is he a viable solo top laner?

LivingBehind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

No.
Because :
-He doesn't need the farm or the lvls.
-There is 100% chance that some of the 4 other champs will need top alot more than ali. In every game.

Soloq ? Yeah ok definitetly.

Get Off My Chips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Well AP Alistar was popular like a year ago, Shushei was very good with him but he was nerfed quite a bit in past year. He is simply not worth a solo lane anymore, as ap he doesn't deal as much damage as true ap casters and people used to play him tanky dps but his ulti nerf made it so it's kind of isn't worth it anymore. You can jungle him but he isn't very fast and his ganks aren't the best either. Right now best way to play him is as support or roamer, you can still play him solo top in normal games but i wouldn't do it in ranked were you normally get stuff like Irelia top who will eat you.

pedra forlorn

11-10-2011

no. i would even say bad pick

alistar greates contribution to his team is his ability to set up kills and feed his teammates.
he cant do that from top

basod

11-10-2011

I much prefer alistar to lane with a carry partner as a support by healing them and clearing any harassment away.

ShakeNBakeUK

11-10-2011

if you can get a deathcap and a lichbane, then yeah it may provide some lulz.
but his ap ratios got nerfed a lot recently, as did his ult, so not really as viable as it used to be.

Dithnir

11-10-2011

Alistar is great solotop if your team doesn't mind and you're having fun and doing ok.

At the point your team rages or you find that role in the team comp and against the oppo is not strong enough, change it.

Easy