Sivir. Ranged Carry, really?

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow absorber

10-10-2011

So i just played couple games with sivir, just for the lulz, since i havent seen any sivirs in like 4 months now. I pick it in champ select "omg sivir" and like 3 que dodges later, im in a game. Im with a support vs ashe + support. Then while im trying to harass, i notice something. I notice my range. ITS ****ING 425 ?!?!?!! I mean seriously, thats freaking LOW range. ashe has 600, sivir has 425... thats a 175 range difference.

Sivir has to be buffed. Seriously. just give her the normal AD carry range of 550 and shes viable again. maybe nerf bouncing blades to compensate the range increase. oh and also, that "BAD" dodge has to go.

Has riot completely forgot about sivir? REWORK HER NAO! I like the build in banshees, and the ulti is also pretty nice. not the best one though. I also like the dmg from Boumerang blade, and the farming capabilities of the W. Too bad i cant really use that farm as i the supposed "Ranged" carry have to walk near melee range just to autoattack.

Rework sivir, please. I never see her ever, i only see her when i play her my self.

tl;dr
REWORK SIVIR! You cant count her as a "Ranged" carry if her range is that low. Give her the normal ranged carry range. and do something about that passive.

quoting something i said in the second page. i think i made some pretty good points here.

"Then they should remove the carry role from her, and change the range to "Near melee ranged" you are seriously not getting the point here. she cant do anything well. and if all you do is push lanes, you arent really being of any use. and focus sivir in team fight = dead sivir in 1 second. you need go so close to deal that damage, and once you go there, all of these meta game buisers will just one shot you. sivir is one of those champions that CANT utilise the farm they get. yes you can clear minion waves, and yes you can push turrets, but that farm you got, just wont help you in team fights.

this game is about the team. good team combo = good chance to win. there is just no reason to pick sivir in rankeds, or anywhere else for that matter. there are alot better champs for every role she supposedly can do. Pusher? get heimer/morde/many others. Ranged? get basically any other champ than sivir. Support? pick a dedicated support and you are already in better shape. Carry? again, pick any other carry than sivir.

this is the reason why you dont see sivir EVER. anywhere. not in tournaments. nowhere. there is no use for an "IMBA PUSHER", and you need someone to take down turrets fast, just pick Yi. Sivir DOES need a rework. and a longer range. and yi can even jungle. sivir cant. So picking sivir = you are wasting the spot for an ad carry."

Shadow absorber

10-10-2011

Id like a red response. is there going to be anything done about sivir? or dont you just care about sivir?

Desorienter

10-10-2011

She'd be OP if her range was like other carries, it takes more than "a couple of games" to get to play her right. shes more of a pusher carry than a full carry. until lategame (if ur towers last that long) where she destroys teams.
she doesnt need a rework, maybe a new passive but not a complete rework

EDIT: oh and she really needs a re-model

jayfkay

10-10-2011

shes ugly as **** and her voice is manly

Varggrim

10-10-2011

The live team is looking, how they could change her skills. Read it here:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2215271#post2215271

I think they will rework her passive, when they are removing dodge. So this will take a while.
Her range is critical. With her Riccochet she is infact dangerous and some bad changes on her auto attacks and she will be the new op Champ.

Shadow absorber

10-10-2011

but thats exactly the problem here. Ranged, Carry, Pusher, Support. Those are her roles. Thats just too many roles for one champion. And thats exactly the point i made, bouncing blades would be OP if she was given the basic ranged carry range. thats why i said it should be reworked/nerferd for that matter.

Instead of a toggle/passive, bouncing blades could be a Active. like 5-10 seconds of bouncing blades but less targets to bounce, like 4 targets max. Sivir just does not do anything well. she cant really carry because of her range. she cant really push because its just stupid to constantly push. she cant really support because her ult has a pretty big cd. and shes not so RANGED actually.

she needs a rework.

Shadow absorber

10-10-2011

please dont let this thread drown in these akali op threads. PLESE! discuss

GeekNius

10-10-2011

No, Sivir is NOT your normal AD carry as "required" by the current metagame.

What Sivir is, primarily, is the best pusher in the game. No other champion will take down minion waves and turrets (and both at the same time) as fast as a properly played Sivir.
In addition, she has the strongest damage steroids of all AD chamions, more than trippling her listed damage if enough targets are present ... basically she puts out constant AoE autoattacks. Coupled with her Q that's one of the best spells in the game, a spellshield and an AoE-buff to movement- and attack-speed, it's actually one of the better skillsets in the game ... once mastered
Not to mention she actually has potential for use as support.
The ONLY thing holding her back from being OP instead of situational is her short range - but even that's hardly a problem if you and your team know Sivir and her strengths and limitations.

TL;DR: Sivir is basically fine except for slightly too low basestats and an underwhelming passive - everything else is L2P issues by either the Sivir players or her teammates.
She's slightly UP, but far from broken.

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekNius View Post
Not to mention she actually has potential for use as support.
What the **** am I reading?

Varggrim

10-10-2011

I will give a new idea, to keep the thread from drowning.

Sivir is like the best AD carry a AoE damage based team could have. Imagnie her together with a proper Amumu or Gallio player, who disables whole teams for some time. With some Armorpen she would wreak havoc among her enemies. I think she does not fit in Solo queue games easily, but 5 man premades can build proper comps around her.

1234511 ... 14