Fansite Round-Up: Dominion Reviews

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Not enough ip per match compared to classic, nuff said

CYG Nohx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Well, since i study alot, Dominion has really brought a new way of playing LoL to me.
Before i could maybe play 1-2 games per day, but now i can play up to 6 games per day, if I'm lucky :D
Edit: @FoxSky And compared to the game length, the amount of IP you get per game is fair imo.

Eli Cash

11-10-2011

I rather like the Crystal Scar. I just can't play too many - say more than five - games in a row, because as already mentioned it's very fast-paced. While it isn't perfect (yet), it still doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.
"Some champions are OP there" - There is a draft-pick system. It's as simple as that. Four bans might not get all the champions that are stronger than average,but the drafting itself allows counterpicking (e.g. the person to hold bot) as well as dividing the remaining "strong" champions to the teams. More bans would be very welcome tho.
"Some champions are UP there" - Sadly, that's true. But please ask yourself, when was the last time you played Eve, Maokai, Kayle or such on Summoner's Rift and did well with them. Now, if so, ask yourself, whether doing good depends on the champion alone or how familiar the player is with it. In my opinion, the vast majority of champions can be put to some use on Dominion, if the player knows how. (Believe me, a lot of strange (often successfull) stuff is happening there).
"It's too different from classic LoL" - Sure it's different. Why would you like a second Summoner's Rift rather than a completely new mode? If you like SR, play classic - a new theme to the map and differrent buffs wouldn't change that much (imho) and you also have to consider the developers' side! A new SR would be like designing a new car (sorry, if the example is too simplistic), while creating the Crystal Scar is creating something completely new (for LoL at least), it's like new invention, that can be a hit or a miss, but feels great inventing and putting all creativity into.
"It's just brainless skirmishing" - I guess, it takes time for the real strategies to reveal themselves, not much more to say right now. Try new things youself and, if you like, let people know what works and what backfires. I'd like to mention that a ranked/ELO mode for Dominion could make it more appealing to competitive players, more challenging (in the right ELO) and more rewarding to experiment.