Per-Win XP and IP Boosts Now Available in the Store

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotLindorn

Development Manager

04-06-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm posting this message for RiotChris, who wanted to tell you all the exciting news about Per Win Boosts! He'll be monitoring this thread as well.

Hello League of Legends Players,

By popular demand we have added a new type of boost for the less frequent player: Per-Win Boosts.

Maybe when you play League of Legends, you don't play a ton of games every night - or maybe you don't play every single day. If you're one of those players, we now have a boost that is a better deal for you. Now you can buy a boost that will give you 200% XP or 200% IP for 4 or even 10 wins.

At first we considered allowing players to buy per-game boosts, but losing a game is already rough (especially since sometimes it isn't even your fault), and we wanted to avoid extra rage because the loss meant your boost wasn't maximized. Instead, we decided to only boost wins, the games where you really want a boost because you are getting so much XP and IP.

How They Work (now the post gets long - so skip this if you don't care how they work)
Per-Win Boosts are available in the store in 4-win and 10-win quantities. Once you purchase them, the boost lasts for 4 wins or 10 wins. If you lose a match you won't get the boost applied, but you won't consume a "win" (much like the first win of the day bonus). So if you buy a per-win boost, then lose 3 games, then win 4, all 4 wins will be boosted (and the 3 losses will have normal IP and XP).

The rule of thumb the is that Per-Win Boosts will apply in any situation where you get IP or XP. The desired functionality is (if we haven't made any bugs) that Per-Win Boosts won't be applied to the following game types:
a. Games where the player loses
b. Games where the player leaves/disconnects (and doesn't rejoin)
c. Practice games with uneven teams on game start
d. Games that donít last longer than 10 minutes
e. Practice games for players higher than level 11, that have played more than 4 practice games in that 24 hour period

Once you've purchased a per-win boost, it should apply to any other games than those listed above.

Grab these new boosts in the store on the boosts tab!

- RiotChris

Sul1s0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

Sounds nice GJ

DISCOTEK

04-06-2010

This is really good.

Actually I've already lost some hours with servers maintenances, bugs, and etc...

Roanp

Recruiter

04-06-2010

This is a good idea! Can't wait to get 500+ IP per match with a win of the day bonus :D (If that gets doubled too atleast)

Talraan

04-06-2010

This is very good news. I was about to say that the current XP IP boost available kinda force you to play a LOT during the boost time it's pushing people to an addictive behavior. This is a very good answer to the problem, and boost should only be that way in my opinion. Some other games had issues with parents complaining about the potential addictivity, with market systems pushing people to play as much as possible. It's a real issue that have to be considered.

dithoricki

04-06-2010

This is really really really good :3 I'm glad that I now can buy boost and not feel that I'm waisting my money since I don't want to play all 24 hours or such! This is a good answer.

EDIT: But I still don't understand why our boost that we buy have to count while we're not online and not playing (the 1 day boost and such). That is still just silly. If I pay for 24 hours (1 day) I want to be able to play all those 24 hours that I payed for. But sicne I have to sleep and do other things there will always be hours that are lost and that makes me feel kinda ripped off on my money that I bought this for.

Smurfen

04-06-2010

Awesome!

But...

Makes no sense to buy though. IP boost for 4 wins will cost you 290 RP. But at the same time there is also a IP boost for 1 day, which cost you 290 RP.

This makes no sense to me. Should not the IP boost for 4 days be a bit cheaper?

Yeah, a super good idea. But the cost baffels me some.

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

04-06-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfen View Post
Awesome!

But...

Makes no sense to buy though. IP boost for 4 wins will cost you 290 RP. But at the same time there is also a IP boost for 1 day, which cost you 290 RP.

This makes no sense to me. Should not the IP boost for 4 days be a bit cheaper?

Yeah, a super good idea. But the cost baffels me some.
That depends on your play patterns doesn't it? If you're going to play more than 4 games today, the 1 day boost might be a better deal. I'd suggest choosing the one that's a better deal for you (and if that's the 4 win boost, then I'm glad we just made things cheaper for you).

- RiotChris

DISCOTEK

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiss View Post
EDIT: But I still don't understand why our boost that we buy have to count while we're not online and not playing (the 1 day boost and such). That is still just silly. If I pay for 24 hours (1 day) I want to be able to play all those 24 hours that I payed for. But sicne I have to sleep and do other things there will always be hours that are lost and that makes me feel kinda ripped off on my money that I bought this for.
Really important point here. Maybe this should be implemented sooner or later because it will be even more worth to buy them.

Smurfen

05-06-2010

It's still the same price... nothing gets cheaper.

1 days worth of boost is, and will always be greater than 4 wins, don't you think? :)