how to ping (and a "who to unlock" question)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelvex

22-09-2010

I know i should be punished and burn in hell or something for not knowing it, but i couldn't find any written commentary or any hint in the key controlls about it - so how do i ping on the map, or mark units (champs / towers etc.) ?

another question, not quite as important: I planned on unlocking either akali or Katarina, as was looking for a non- mana champ that can possibly carry or solo for public games.
These two share a few qualities i wanted in such a hero, as the port ability e.g., but i don't quite know which champ performs better on average. Any suggestions there?

Rhoda Issa

22-09-2010

You can press 'G' as a hotkey for pinging and highlighting an enemy.

I find Akali a better choise than Katerina. While Katerina is pretty strong, she is a bit too unreliable with her ult in my opinion. Akali is a great anti-carry and can clean up after a teamfight.

Felt Tip Pen

22-09-2010

I play both Akali and Katarina and they both have very different play styles.

Katarina is an utterly brilliant mid hero, she has a ridiculous amount of harass and can play extremely aggresively. The only hero i've come up against that could successfully hold off my harass was a Kassadin in mid, he was very good, or another Katarina. I play her as an ability power build which is probably harder than attack damage, but yields greater results for me; i've had Shunpo hitting for 800 and Death Lotus hitting for 288 every half second or whatever it is.

She is quite squishy but her ultimate will ruin anyone's day if they do not move away from it immediately. Her weakness is disables. If she is stuned while using her ultimate she then cannot do an awful lot in a team fight and will usually be focused down quickly. Saying that, if she is fed early, she will carry your team to victory very fast since she will just have a ridiculous amount of damage.

Akali is also a very bursty hero but she has more options than Katarina. She doesn't have as many harass options but she has a more solid damage output than Katarina. Again however, she is very squishy, she cannot initiate a fight or she will be shredded. Her bane is Oracle Elixirs; she wants to fight within a Twilight Shroud since it makes it very difficult for her oponents to actually fight back, an Oracle Elixir will eliminate that advantage.

Out of the two, I really wouldn''t know what to recommend. If you are new to the game they can both be played extremely badly and just get torn to pieces, similarly I play them both as an Ability Power build which is arguably harder than Attack Damage since you are required to execute your attack properly or you won't have anything to follow up, especially with Katarina. For that reason I would suggest Akali first since she has the added escape benifits of Twilight Shroud and Shadow Dash.

Elwins

23-09-2010

I ping by alt + leftclick. personaly i wiuld choose akali, katarina became weaker recently

stingme

04-10-2010

akali for the win