League of Legends at school, help please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hokage Mouxguden

20-09-2010

Hello everyone!

Me and a few friends are trying to play League of Legends at school to pass time between classes. But somethin' is blocking us. This happened last year aswell when we tried to play WoW at school, but we managed to go behind it by using Your-Freedom and SocksCap. I've tried this with League of Legends aswell, but it dosn't seem to work.

Anyone got this problem aswell, thats able to go behind it? Or can help us?

Reguards
Mouxville

PS: Don't come with insults and **** about "U shouldn't play at school etc etc" its just to pass time between classes since we got alotta "free time".

CleverBird

20-09-2010

please dont, and I'm not saying this because of the "You shouldnt play at school" part, I'm saying this because the chances of you having to leave a match are way to high

they most likely blocked the ports, this is what I would've done

Hokage Mouxguden

20-09-2010

We got up to one to two hours between classes, so chances of me leaving a game ain't big. So that's not the problem : )

Trixy Fo Sho

20-09-2010

Most schools block the ports for popular games, how to solve it. I have no idea.

Maldikons

20-09-2010

Quite posible you have save filter which filters out applications available (maybe the "problem" is not in connections and ports).

P.S. What kind of school has 2 hours between classes? o.O

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

20-09-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'd speak to the person in charge of your school setup, and see what they say about it. It isn't likely to be anything we could give you advice on, and I'd rather not be known as the CM who corrupted a nations youth by forcing them to play sweet, sweet League of Legends instead of study

I would definitely ask the person in charge though, if it's between lessons, nobody else is using the machines and you're polite they might be able to help you.

warpath

20-09-2010

LoL is a bit more complicated to get through, as it opens 2 different clients. You may socks the pvp-net client, but when the game opens that is actually a new client, which socks has little to do with. You may try using something like Hummingbird Socks, which runs on all the system process'. Just remember to turn it off after you leave or the internet on that computer will be blocked if you also close the tunnel.

PS: Instead of Your-Freedom try to install OpenSSH at your home pc, and have it listen on a port that is free 4 sure, like 80 or 443.

Good luck and ask for more ifno if you need it ( after using google first ofc )

RoastPork

20-09-2010

Clearly your school has banned it for a reason.
The college i attend, has 90% of all websites banned / blocked, i cannot even access league of legends information on the offical wikipedia website.

Learn to be an adult, and Live with it.
Stop trying to bypass the system.

Eudaimonia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastPork View Post
Learn to be an adult, and Live with it.
Stop trying to bypass the system.
Hmm....I thought bypassing the system is part of being an adult..

De Risas

20-09-2010

What about playing some football? chasing some girls? Enjoy your childhood boy, dont waste your recess playing a computer game, seriously.