Most underplayed champion award goes to...

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehUberNoob

29-09-2011

Skarner!

I literally saw him only once in the past 160+ games I played.
So I decided to give him a try... and now I know why. I feel that he's missing something, like every single one of his abilities is sub-par. All of them very short range, so they require you to take a risk, even though Skarner is relatively squishy. He may be fast, but any stun or slow means you're in trouble. He can easily be kited and ganked because he lacks any natural escape mechanisms once his speed is compromised.

Q has an extremely short(practically contact) radius. The damage bonus is mediocre, and doesn't scale later in the game, so it becomes pretty worthless. Slow is nice, but just not practical because it requires a second strike. Base damage of this ability is pretty pathetic.

W is expensive in terms of mana, lasts short, and absorbs not that much damage. I found the temporary AS/movement speed boost to be the more useful than the armor gain.

E range is too short, the area too narrow, and doesn't do all that much damage. Health gain is marginal, and completely useless when fighting enemy champs.

R... somewhere inbetween Blitz' grab and Amumu's bandage, except that they are not ulti's, are cheaper, and have much shorter cooldown. It requires you to get very close to your target, does very little damage, and lasts only 1.5 seconds... enough to move and drag a little, but becomes practically pointless when you're slowed. It's like a 1.5sec stun, mostly. I've actually found this ulti to be dangerous to myself on multiple occasions, finding myself to be the center of enemy attention while attempting to use it, because I had to get so close. This ability definitely needs a buff. Maybe a 45sec cooldown, more range, damage, or some type of boost to Skarner while using it.

That being said, I like Skarner. He's a challenge to play, but he looks cool and so do his abilities. There's a reason why you never see him though. He's expensive to unlock, not easy to master, and underpowered.

He doesn't feel complete.

Edit 2: I feel that he doesn't really have a role. He's floating in-between several, falling between ship and shore so to speak.

This makes it very hard to find a decent build. His innate demands that you pick AS. His base AS is horrible. The entire point of his innate is to increase his ability usage, so this essentially requires you to go AS+AP, because that's the way Skarner is hard-wired. This leaves you with a very uncomfortable melee-mage. You're basically required to engage in melee combat in order to fully utilize your AP. There are several problems with this. First of all, Skarner lacks any natural escape mechanisms, relying solely on slightly above average movement speed. Secondly, he is not particularly tanky, making it essential that you also invest in survivability.

You'll find yourself investing in the mandatory AP+AS, then survivability + movement speed. All of these are essential, and the end result is that Skarner doesn't really shine in any department. On top of that, all these investments take time, and to say that Skarner's late game is not very impressive would be an understatement. I typically find myself reduced to risky attempts at dragging enemy champs from their flock. Cooldown reduction from his innate becomes practically useless because of the nature of most late-game battles. They are usually over in seconds, leaving you with.. what, 5% to 15% reduction?

In short, his innate demands that you go AP+AS, which just doesn't synergize with his melee combat because unlike other melee champs, you lack proper escape mechs + tankiness.

bafodalho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-09-2011

i don't think that u needed to make such a long post, everyone pretty much agrees on this, just by reading the tittle

PFF MetaL HammeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-09-2011

skarener sucks... the only one champion i'm regreding that i bought him

ErosR

29-09-2011

I'd say yorick

TehUberNoob

29-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErosR View Post
I'd say yorick
Although he's not very common, I still see Yorick at least once every 10 games.

IN–EX Archivar

29-09-2011

...Skarner? srsly? What about zilean? Corki? Trundle?

Mof***** Sivir?!?

(i mean underplayed, not bad.)

aR Gentleman

29-09-2011

zilean and trundle and imba picks as ap carry and jungle ........corki is still viable jsut no one plays him cause caitlyn is so "in" now

TehUberNoob

29-09-2011

I've seen 3 or 4 Zilean today, and several Corki this week. I even see Trundle and Sivir every other day. I've not seen Skarner in over a month.

Robotic Monkey

29-09-2011

Yorick. I've never seen someone doing a good job with yorick lol...

AcidPT

29-09-2011

nah nah nah SIVIR long time i dont see 1 SIVIR!

12345 ... 8