Counter solo top Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KebabVan

27-09-2011

So Garen owns my face top . Are there any bruisers which can hard counter Garen? If so, why do they?

If you consider all champ types (not just bruisers), who are the ideal solo top counters?

I'm thinking GP would counter pretty well due to Q slow and E to kite spintowin. Udyr would probs do ok as well as he can stun him and kite and heal back up the inital dmg taken when silenced.

Would like to hear more experienced ppl's thoughts.

Limey Panda

27-09-2011

Cho'gath and Renekton are other good counters. Renekton's early game lets you walk all over garen, You just toggle on the stun when he runs in to Silence you, then he can't spin, you take a few steps back and your no longer silenced and can avoid all spin damage. As for Cho'gath.

Cho'gath crushes top lane as he pleases

adminpwnsu

27-09-2011

Cho owns pretty much every char top. Renekton and Nasus can also take out Garen. Irelia does it easily as well.

Didaksan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-09-2011

everything that works good with wriggles.

Orph4n

30-09-2011

just play swain and you'll harass the **** outta garen :>

Lyrelia

30-09-2011

Ryze also works pretty good. Otherwise just go with some Armor runes + Cloth armor and you should be fine.

Jiggle Billy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-09-2011

Anyone, it's not champ related. He has one combo, avoid it.
Most Garen's I lane against, I let them sit in the bush all day while I farm, it's quite an amiable arrangement. An unspoken rule maybe, I don't go into the bush and he stays there most of the game.

Pectoralis

30-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didaksan View Post
everything that works good with wriggles.
This. If I solo top I go with irelia or ww, and wriggles combined with their passive sustain is just too good of a counter to garen. I basically just stand there and whack at him while he's spinning, in the end I always win.

CleanMyTrousers

30-09-2011

I've had success with Trundle, Rumble and Cho'gath vs Garen on solo top.

Get Off My Chips

01-10-2011

Teemo will make Garen spin away from him xD