Europe @ LoL

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ocelote GRACIAS

25-09-2011

I had in mind to create a forum post after playing this game during a whole year, showing up my impressions and thoughs about everything around Europe and this game in general.

I want to start with the metagame/picks...
Well, this is kind of a tricky subject to talk about, since some US haters will jump into me, but I still want to share my thoughs about it.
US was always, not only in LoL, but in other aspects, a country that didn't care too much about what is everyone else thinking about their moves; and this helps A LOT in this game, where being unpredictable and sneaky around this, may help at events/tournaments/overall gameplay.
What I mean with this? look at their tourney-picks: 3 bruiser-metagame, chogath top, zilean mid, fiddlesticks jungle, galio, alistar jungle.... I could name a lot of "strange" picks that WORK that would be called "trollpick" in EU.
Why am I concerned about this? 'cos this thing, kind of hurts the EU teams that fight the US ones in offline tournaments, where we get stomped by those not-so-standart picks. So what I'm looking for is, EU players to Test everything they got in mind, don't be scared of testing anything u feel that can be viable.

Just don't listen those who, if u don't pick morgana/orianna/brand for mid, they'll rage and throw all the hate into u.
Have ur own thoughs, and test ANYTHING u got in mind. And ye, do it in Ranked games, do it in Solo q, learn playing against good people. If u believe in the hero, the hero will become viable (My mains are Akali and Cassiopeia, and who would think about this 3 months ago? Noone) and look, now they are playable and even FotM.

Maybe I'm a bit boring repeating myself more than once, but maybe not in terms of gameplay, in terms of skill, where we are ahead of US, but in terms of picks and Mindplay, they are WAY ahead.
We have to make a step ahead, and show the world how original is Europe.
Maybe we go to NY IEM and show them something unexpected and stupid that they don't know how to counter. Let's change the metagame, again, and let's look up for the best way to succeed in the game.
Teams, Solo players, everyone, get ur **** together and test new stuff, and mainly, don't blame others from testing it, they're kind of helping you all.

And.... What about the Streamers?
Every American streamer has A lot of fans and followers from their countries and from Eu's aswell.
I love US, but I love even more EU's, and I've to recognize that sometimes I relax watching Wickd's stream, or even Guardsman's one!
What do I want to reach with this? EU's top players and streamers don't feel really backed up by our European brothers, and we don't really know why (I'm pretty sure there is a reason, and this is what I want to realise, to fix it Asap). So what I would love is, being sure that I'm backed up by my community, by my European brothers; Frenchs, Portuguese, Germans, Spanish, Brittish, Nordics, Russians... Everyone from everywhere, backing up the players that represent their countries all over the world. Remember, one day YOU might be one of them.

And btw, believe me when I say that Euros have enough potential to be at the very top of the scene, in every game/sport. We just need to have faith in ourselves and enjoy the life like it is.
We only got one life, and spending it hating everyone around seems stupid, isn't it?
Enjoy the life and feel the love for ur brothers !

Then I wanted to talk about the behaviour between the top teams and players and the average ones.

I've to be frank about this. I really feel like EU is the main World's drama zone towards the top teams/players.
Everytime SK/Fnatic/Millenium loses a game in ANY tournament, starts a drama forum post where everyone trashtalks everyone; with pointless critics and agressive languaje.
I would really like to see instead, a forum post where everyone shows the thoughs about that, why did it happen, what should be improved in the team shape.... Definitely not what we're getting lately.
Same for when someone streams a Team Discussion where nothing important really happened, except some loud commentaries about an ingame move.
When it happens, u can instantly can see tons of forum posts about it, where the team and the players get harassed to the heavens.

What happens in US? there's a HUGE discussion between HS and Saintvicious, really, really huge, nothing seen before... and what happens? they create a forum post, obviously. But what happens there? They are kind and nice between eachother and get concerned about the fact that CLG could break from that.

Ingame is the same. US got the typical trolls that whenever they kill u, throw something like "Was too easy". Yeah, that's unmannered, but funny in some way. And why not, it gives a nice atmosphere to practice in, where u've to tryhard
In EU this stuff is totally different. We create a bad mood everytime something bad happens (and I include myself in this group).
That Has to change. For some people, solo Q is pure pain for the brain; and that's not something we are looking for, right? Some of us want to improve, some of us want to have fun... but noone of us wants to have a discussion everytime we join a game.

I understand that some pro-players act like d"i"c"k"s and that's something we've to fix, being myself the first one.

I remember old times when I was known from something I get really embarrassed of atm. Everyone commite mistakes and that was a huge one. And that kind of helped me to get more mature in that aspect; but sometimes I'm still a little bit too whiney and ragy (Spaniards got a hot blood ).

I don't like this, 'cos I don't feel better in any aspect than others, but the fact that I get so pissed off when I lose makes me whine about stuff that, probably was my fault. U know, it's always easier to blame others than urself

So this is why, here, makin' it public, I'll promise myself for this upcomming year playing the game that I'll work harder than ever to fix this issue. I'll start this road the first one, being the example for all the top players that act mean and stupid with people that definitely don't deserve it.

Sorry if this Giant text was too big for u guys, but I really felt like doing it, sharing my opinion about this whole year.
We can improve, we have to improve. Let's show them who are the bosses in the upcomming events.
And I hope pro players read this, and think about all I wrote above, 'cos we are just people that play better. Nothing more.

Thanks a lot for reading the whole post, and I really hope it helps everyone's behaviour/thoughs for this new seasson.

TL;DR : I would like the european community to open the mind, and make a step ahead. Test new stuff, don't be scared of losing a game just 'cos u got a feeling about a hero/comp being viable. And improve the behaviour between top players and average ones; we are the same, there's only a skillwise difference. Respect is everything. I'll tryhard fixing that of myself the 1st.

SK ocelote.

KoksitoEbeVilioo

25-09-2011

what is this?Post me TL;DR , meanwhile i will try my own very pro support vlad

Wickd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-09-2011

topic saver

Mastahhunty

25-09-2011

I've read all of this. And i know what you mean. really nice thread and it was worth reading it (y)

VivaDestructa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-09-2011

tl;dr

Custodio

25-09-2011

Nice Post.

Don't agree with the EU drama but EU teams are boring, we need to get more aggressive, and try some news moves.

Xarior

25-09-2011

I was watching ur Stream whole day, thinking to myself: he is **** good, but way too whiny.
(Dont judge me, my pc crashed and it was a lazy saturday)
Big up 4 trying to improve that.
I dont share ur desire 4 gamers, gaming and this whole EU vs others thing but i see that u thought a lot about this and about yourself, i hope others notice that 2 and admit it.

CG Pils

25-09-2011

i always like trying new stuff
i got like tryed urgot jungle and it works with assisted jungle

galio support.... more like duo top ( you can deny so hard and their jungler HAS to react )
or stuff like xin jarvan bot.. it works maybe in unorganised stuff but should work out on full premades

Staemp

25-09-2011

agree, people should really read this, so true, +1 and bump

Spank Thru

25-09-2011

Test whatever you want when im not in your team.

I dont have 2000 elo friends to help me leaving the elo hell so I dont really like 1000 elo people testing dps soraka and tank brand.

1234511 ... 48