Skill level of normals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Albaek

19-09-2011

It really doesn't matter if it's blind or draft pick..
The skill level is so bad, that I can't even laugh at it. Really.
People are not aware of anything at all. They have no common sense and their judgement is ridiculous. If you can go 20/0 by yourself it's almost 100% sure that you get someone going 0/20.
But not enough with the skill level.. Everyone is selfish beyond what's okay. You can't put up a team whether or not it's draft. I've ended up with 3 going top, 2 junglers, all AP/AD and so much more fail.. I know you need to learn the game but at lvl 30? And most people have above 500 wins.. It's just not understandable..

I'm not saying I'm a pro with average of 1500+ elo, but seriously? Beforehand I used normals for testing and had a little fun (with decent score!), but now when ranked is disabled it's just going over the top..

tl;dr - peoples skill level and personality in normals sucks soooo hard

Epidot

19-09-2011

IT's a game... with computer games you get Pro gamers, casual gamers and then some who just want a laugh and bit of fun...

Now take this game that has "millions" of players. the amount of casual gamers and people just looking for a bit of fun is HUGE

You cant expect everyone that plays to be interested in "playing correctly" and becoming pro. It's a game, don't forget that. Not everyone is a good gamer in general so why should LOL be full of pros in Normal let alone ranked?

The difference in LOL to other games is that you notice the poor skill alot easier because your working along side your team and can see everything going on, every wrong move and mistake.

Take COD for instance. Everyone run around like crazy. some players suck but you don't really notice it because the hectic gameplay. A MOBA game is dangerous territory for unskilled players. they're everywhere..just more noticable in LOL.

Crazyeggs

19-09-2011

they need to add a better matchmaking where the teams get balanced via a normal elo skill level becuase there are some new people to the game or take a while for them to get use to the game and can lose games for the team just by feeding they need to change the game how it is played so you play games which match your level because i hate it when the game is one sided which is like 90% of the time i hate it when my team just dominates the game because it becomes one sided but i also hate it when my team loses coz one lane fails it just becomes very boring 20 minute games not even getting to level 18

Albaek

19-09-2011

I'm not expecting people to be pro.. Not at all !
But I do expect that people are not idiots personality wise like game wise..
At level 30, you should be able to play decently and have a little common sense. But people just fail at these.. They run around like chickens waiting to get their head cut off and don't care about teamplay..
If they don't want to play as a team, then LoL is not the game.

Abrikoos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-09-2011

I dont have trolls or whatever in my normal games. Somehow I find it too easy to win normal games draft pick now. No challenge at all. I guess there are so many trolls in your normal games cuz your normal ranking is low. Just adapt to your team and pick a role thats left and be nice = most chance to win. More winning = higher normal ranking = less trolls.

Albaek

19-09-2011

@Crazyeggs
Couldn't agree with you more !! Every come is decided at the 20 minute mark, and if the losing team is not surrendering it's just a roflstomp the rest of the game.. The last few days without ranked, I've not been able to join a game that wasn't over/roflstomped before 30 minute mark

Caethy

19-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaek View Post
At level 30, you should be able to play decently and have a little common sense.
Why?

Level 30 isn't an achievement of skill. It's no guarantee of being able to play right.
Level 30 just means that somebody has played enough games to get to level 30. Nothing more.

Same as 500 wins: Doesn't mean that that person is any good, just that they've participated in 500 games.

You don't need to improve to keep playing, and you don't need to be any good to reach level 30 eventually.

Yanahma

19-09-2011

You have a normal-game ELO just like the Ranked one, but it is hidden. You just need to have played enough normal games to reach the higher skilled players. Meeting bad players has nothing to do with normal and ranked. In fact I'd say in my last 200 games, my all time worst games were playing on ranked because of awful team composition and skill level. When I play normals I don't get leavers/ragers or people who insta-lock 4 AD carries. I used to when I started, but I worked my way out of it.

inF Tubia

19-09-2011

What's your W/L Ratio?
Normal has an Elo as well, even if it's hidden.
If you find people that bad in normal games, chances are your ratio is very low, therefore your "normal elo" is low, as well.

As for me, i find interesting and hard games in normal 75% of the times, so it can't be that broken :P

Afgudins Fráuja

19-09-2011

If you want to play according to the meta, that's what ranked is for. Normal players are by definition people who don't want to play according to the meta (boring/too passive/dislike support or jungle roles) or do not yet have the required player experience, runes and champions to perform well in ranked games.

Personally I think I would do fairly well in ranked but my skill is limited to AP carries and tanks. So I don't play ranked yet because if I end up having to AD carry or jungle I would do badly. I will switch to ranked as soon as I have the required high tier champions in these categories and know how to play them.

You should be thankful I'm failing as 2nd time Vayne in normal games. It means I won't fail as Vayne in ranked games.