Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


KogMaw Or Vayne?

KogMaw 38 43.68%
Vayne 40 45.98%
Both are terrible! =/ 9 10.34%
Voters 87 .

Purchase New Champion - KogMaw vs. Vayne

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yotta2r

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Its time for me to buy a new carry-champion, which of these champions do you strongest recommend?

KogMaw or Vayne?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al the Dead

Senior Member

09-14-2011

buy sona, carry all you want.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClanLord777

Senior Member

09-14-2011

i play all ad carries, kogmaw is the best of all. I rape all other carries with him easy. and u can play both AD and AP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vincent Black

Senior Member

09-14-2011

kog is a siege carry. vayne is an assassin.

so you have to choose between ridiculous range or a Yi. your choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knuckledork

Senior Member

09-14-2011

if you are a right click tool, then buy none.
if you farm well and know how to take position properly in teamfights, go for kogmaw.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cobalt Lion

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Vayne can be bloody annoying. Her tumble and combo can mean that her early burst can be quite high and unexpected. She's considered a "skilled" champ. She's versatile and can deal true damage.

Kog Maw, I'm biased, he's my main and my favourite champ.

He has a built in madreds bloodrazor and then some. High range. Higher range with W.
Exploding after death = free gold, creeps, or even kills.
Has a slow which is more than Vayne gets.
That ulti...gives you incredible burst damage if you're willing to spam it, incredible range for picking people off otherwise.

imho, if you can handle vayne she's probably better. one of those champs that get's hard to shut down after only a few kills.

Kog is squishy and that range is big for a reason. Neither have any real escape abilities but Vayne has tumble and a mini stealth as well as her knockback.

Wait until one goes on free week i'd say. Otherwise, flip a coin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am a potato xD

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Fed vayne = 3 hit everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iC4me

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
EvilVoyage:
if you are a right click tool, then buy none.
if you farm well and know how to take position properly in teamfights, go for kogmaw.


Good thing about kogmaw is that he doesnt actually need good farm to be a beast mid-late game if you have excellent control on him.
I had to solo top vs a garen and a gangplank because our cho gath wanted to be with his friend bot (couldn't be arsed to argue). I ended up 0/2/0 with ****all farm and losing the tower ( jungler didn't gank because he thought it was pointless ganking a 1 vs 2 when he could gank a 1v1 or 2v2)

Anyway long story short I went out of laning phase as 0/2/0 and finished the game with 16/4/9

Quote:
Cobalt Lion:
Neither have any real escape abilities but Vayne has tumble and a mini stealth as well as her knockback.


That made no sense. You say neither of them have escape ability, then you name 3 of vaynes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoLUK Invoker

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
iC4me:
Good thing about kogmaw is that he doesnt actually need good farm to be a beast mid-late game if you have excellent control on him.
I had to solo top vs a garen and a gangplank because our cho gath wanted to be with his friend bot (couldn't be arsed to argue). I ended up 0/2/0 with ****all farm and losing the tower ( jungler didn't gank because he thought it was pointless ganking a 1 vs 2 when he could gank a 1v1 or 2v2)

Anyway long story short I went out of laming phase as 0/2/0 and finished the game with 16/4/9


You would though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulkon

Member

09-14-2011

Kog'maw is a nice pick, since in every game nowadays you see plenty of HP stacking bruisers :/


12