Garen counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vittoleon

11-09-2011

What solo top char (so no ap carry or ad carry) counters garen? Simple question.

I Love Lemon Tea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

Garen is a similar champion type like Udyr and I have absolutely beaten down an udyr before with Kog'maw and so I think any good range carry will be a good counter. Perhaps, Corki solo top if you have to? even the EU meta with an AP carry solo top would counter Garen pretty well too, like Gragas, Cho and Karthus for example.

I think the key here is some range and escape mechanism without flash. Late game Garen is useless anyway

btw ranked game is about counterpicks, so if they pick Garen who is bound to be solo top, I don't see a reason why not counterpicking against it. However if Garen was their last pick, there wasn't much you can do about it.

Tristan Trades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

Banshee's Veil & Hexdrinker. His ult is useless and is E can't kill.

And Late game Garen is useless anyway, even if you feed him. So dieing isn't a problem to him.

Hilen

11-09-2011

Absolutely any ranged champion as long as you're not stupid at all.

MoonlightSkye

11-09-2011

Anyone with Range can beat Garen. Make sure to have Boots so he can't catch up with you, ward the bushs in your lane so he can't supprise you. Make sure to watch him carefully, if he runs in, expect a flash-engage and flash out the second he flashs. As for non-Range. I beat Garen with Irelia, Jarvan. A friend of mine beats him all the time with Renekton.

Just don't sit there and eat his spin, get away from it. Watch what hes doing in the lane, if he blows his spin on creeps, dive on him immediately as the Cooldown is fairly long.

Hurrdurrp

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Banshee's Veil & Hexdrinker. His ult is useless and is E can't kill.

And Late game Garen is useless anyway, even if you feed him. So dieing isn't a problem to him.
I find late game and early game he isn't useless, with the right spec for damage he can chop someone up just as fast as they chop him up, try and bring the fight to a bush and you've already gotten a huge bonus to you. In team fights shield + speed movement/ damage/silence attack out of a bush on someone to engage a team fight with judgement to remove slow to instantly get back out whislt someone on their team that's already marked for a kill should be dead.

I could go on about situations and setups but i'd be here my hole life. There's a certain way to a certain char to doing things I really think so.

Stickypoo

12-09-2011

NOT Vayne. But when i play garen i solo top GP. Becouse oranges makes evrything K and he flashes away

MoonlightSkye

12-09-2011

Garen is doesn't scale at all into Late Game. He just doesn't have the damage output to compete sept against super Squishys, whom at which point, usually have Life-Steal or Spellvamp that can sustain through any damage he puts out. If a Garen is smashing you Early and Mid game - which can happen, just let the game drag out assuming you have people who scale much stronger late.

Crownspired

12-09-2011

Ashe and I suggest you take the scouting arrow as 2nd skill, when going re take 2 wards with you and have a lot of fun when you take the slowing arrow as 3rd skill.

Champions with a CC.
Lux, Morgana, Swain and probebly some others.

Salzus

12-09-2011

Try teemo. High move speed, poison to keep Garen's passive out longer, blind and if you are good with mushrooms even a slow so he has to use his E early to cleanse it.
You ll be able to deny him eveything.