[PVP.net] Client uses up too much CPU

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soulblighter VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

After the latest patch (Miss Fortune) the client is once again (just like after every patch) eating up 40% of my CPU while idle. It also uses up 25% of my CPU during games, when it should normally be idle. Closing the PVP.net client will boot me out of the game.

No alterations have been done to my hardware or software since the latest patch. There are no firewall or internet issues whatsoever.

While normally running at 14-19 FPS, every time a patch comes out, the PVP.net client will cause the game to lag at 3-6 FPS and 0 FPS during teamfights.

System Specifications:
Toshiba Satellite U300
Processor: Intel Core Duo CPU T7500 @2.20 GHz
Memory: 2048
Video card: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

While I know this isn`t the most optimal system it does manage to run LoL and this has been an issue ever since I`ve registered. I hope somebody on the EU server can offer a solution or forward this to the NA server.

Thank you for your time and I hope this issue gets resolved quickly.

VII

TheDemonicDude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

I found the same problem that when im in a game my fps would be like 8fps and if a close the client but not lolgame in the taskmanager my fps will shoot but up to normal (about 30) plz fix it i can't see my results at the end of the match=(

b0wn3r

12-09-2010

in game for me its ok but client seems to eat 40-50% of CPU like you said for me too

Recruiter

12-09-2010

bump this issue!

Irlou

12-09-2010

Same problem. Although not much of a big one when I don't forgot to put the client at a lower priority via the task manager. I think it would be "below average" in english.

BETIS

13-09-2010

same problem. bump

Gangbang Captain

28-02-2011

bump!