Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ymir or a red, please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shanec86

09-09-2011

Hi, I was just wondering about the Arctic warfare Caitlyn skin. I play on the Eu servers (I'm from England) but I now live in the US. I was going to go out and buy the PC gamer magazine for the code but I've seen people saying it will NOT work on the EU client.

Please can you clear this up? Will or will it not work on the EU client. I don't want to waste my money on the magazine if it will not. I read your post (Ymir) a week a go and you never said if the code was exclusive to the US client only.

Please no trolling or flaming here. I would like to hear from a Red to know for sure what the deal is.

Thank you.

Wobbly Sausage

09-09-2011

Only works with an NA account

/notred

Shanec86

09-09-2011

Quote:
CommanderSupreme:
Only works with an NA account

/notred

How do you know? I've read many people saying it will work on both and I've seen people like you saying it will only work on NA account. How do you know for sure? And thanks for the reply.

CrimR

09-09-2011

Quote:
Shanec86:
Hi, I was just wondering about the Arctic warfare Caitlyn skin. I play on the Eu servers (I'm from England) but I now live in the US. I was going to go out and buy the PC gamer magazine for the code but I've seen people saying it will NOT work on the EU client.

Please can you clear this up? Will or will it not work on the EU client. I don't want to waste my money on the magazine if it will not. I read your post (Ymir) a week a go and you never said if the code was exclusive to the US client only.

Please no trolling or flaming here. I would like to hear from a Red to know for sure what the deal is.

Thank you.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=392023

Shanec86

09-09-2011

CrimR, I read that post and thanks for linking it but...

"The November issue of PC Gamer is on its way to US subscribers. Look for it on newsstands on September 13!"

So it kinda doesn't make sense to me. If it's not supposed to be released until the 13th of this month, 4 days away. How is it possible that he has tried it and it doesn't work? Maybe he got a copy early some how I don't know.

I would very much like to hear from Ymir or a red about this. Does the code work on EU servers?

Thanks.

Shanec86

09-09-2011

Bump

Auspexa

09-09-2011

It doesn't work on EU.

Witchburner

European Marketing Assistant

09-09-2011

Hello Shanec86, unfortunately the code is only redeemable in the US - it will not work in the EU servers.

Escoban

09-09-2011

Quote:
Witchburner:
Hello Shanec86, unfortunately the code is only redeemable in the US - it will not work in the EU servers.

What's the reason for this, anyway? Will the skin be obtainable via a European magazine in the future? Or something else along those lines.

Witchburner

European Marketing Assistant

09-09-2011

This actual skin will be released in the EU shop after this exclusive offer with PC Gamer, so you will be able to get it