Help me remove Pando media booster.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slappa

09-09-2011

Hello,
I am hoping for a wrenchman/red to help me here cause I already have exhausted all the solutions available to "normal people" through a google search.

Ok so pando media booster, I can't remove it here's what happens if I try...

I have the 32 bit version of pando installed on my 64 bit windows 7 OS. when I try removing it through add/remove program I get an error stating that pando appears not to be installed and asks me if I just want to remove the entry from the add/remove list of programs.

Tried navigating to c:\program files\pando networks\ and run the "uninstall.exe". but when I do that I get another error which tells me something like "you need to determine if your operating system is either 64 or 32 bits and then contact the publisher of the software"

tried installing one of those programs that help you remove applications when the add/remove fails ( tried a couple of these actually) but whenever I start up such programs it immediately signals that there's an error with PMB and displays the same error I would get if I tried to run the "unistall.exe" (that happens as soon as said programs tries to scan my installed applications, before I even ask it to remove PMB it already tells me there's something wrong with it and doesn't get added to the list of applications).

so this is pretty much my last hope, the forums. Hope someone can help.

Kogling

09-09-2011

Try running windows in "safemode" this should allow you to remove the program and reboot normally.

You dont have to uninstall it though (i did personally). In the patcher if you click the cog icon in the top right and select "disable peer to peer" then this game wont use pando, but of course it will still be installed.

slappa

09-09-2011

Didn't work, gives me the same errors. Thanks anyway for the try lukus and gratz on the promotion to wenchmen.

Anyone else ran into this problem and was able to remove pando? would trying to install a 64bit version of pando and then re-try to uninstall it make any sense?

Kogling

09-09-2011

64bit version would be a treated as a separate install so in essence, you'd have 2 installs.

Pando is a 3rd party program, you could e-mail them about it, as IIRC uninstalling it has been an issue for some people.

You could do what I did, kill the process in task manager, delete the file at it's install directory and then use add/remove programs and click yes when you want the entry removed.

+Thanks