Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL isnt a MOBA, it's a farm game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xBALOx

Recruiter

09-06-2011

I get the feeling something's wrong with LoL... why the dragon? why baron? it only benefits the winning team, so why? and why force people to bring very very specific champs(junglers) to win the game so easily?

In most games people do not notice but you can just win farming the dragon 4-5 times. It just gives so much money you dont need to actually engage in teamfights to win.

And most of the time those are farmed by the winning team anyway, thus making the experience to the loosing team much worse, most games end in early surrender because of that.

Will dominion have another "I win" creep?

IlIlIlllIlIlI

09-06-2011

these objectives are there so people actually fight over something thus causing games to actually END

If there were no objectives that gave you an advantage then why would you ever stop pushing lanes.. why would you fight? Ever?

Ghostwarrior2011

09-06-2011

go tutorial n000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000b

Yakkahboo

09-06-2011

Yes, because farming gets you past their team and into their base to destroy the nexus. You HAVE to fight. These are tactical locations on the map, which if secured can give your team an advantage when it comes to those fights.

Tbh i feel trolled right now.

Myhay

09-06-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_mol6B9z00

IlIlIlllIlIlI

09-06-2011

relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXHIiZP46Cs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXHIiZP46Cs)

MonsterRoco

09-06-2011

The other team is trying to get the dragon to you know...

xBALOx

Recruiter

09-06-2011

Quote:
LLL Tabzz:
these objectives are there so people actually fight over something thus causing games to actually END

If there were no objectives that gave you an advantage then why would you ever stop pushing lanes.. why would you fight? Ever?

the objectives are destroy the enemy nexus. isn't that obvious? You mean I'm playing a game where I have to fight over a creep to win the game? it should be a bonus, but not a insane bonus as it is now.

Remember, dragon is 190 gold. 190x5=950 gold. In most cases team members dont go over 15k gold.

It's an insane amount of gold if farmed 3-4 times. If u do dragon 4 times it's 3800 gold.

If I remember well, in 3v3 it's 290 gold, 290x3= 870 If done 4 times 3480 gold
plus 11%? dmg buff.

Posydon

09-06-2011

so here's a crazy idea actually fight over the dragon?

IlIlIlllIlIlI

09-06-2011

Yes but thats why you fight over these objectives. It gives a reason to go out of your lanes and try to push your advantage or stop the enemy from snowballing. You realise that the team engaging dragon or baron is in a serious disadvantage because of positioning and damage done by said creep?

If there was no dragon/baron people would just farm farm farm farm farm their lane all day till endgame, have a single fight at 60 mins or smth and then the game would end. That doesnt make for any fun or dynamic gameplay to me. There is a reason you fight over these objectives.