Help! I can't jungle!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaane

02-09-2011

Hey guys, I only recently started playing LoL, I downloaded it several days a go and it's fair to say I'm officially hooked to it.

Now I've tried quite a few champions, and I really do enjoy the idea of jungling, the idea of being able to help gank top, middle and bottom lane appeals to me, the problem is I'm not very good at it.

I've bought Nunu and Fiddlesticks and it's fair to say I'm terrible jungling with them, I can't seem to keep up in level's as those in the lanes, now I'm pretty sure I know why. I'm spending most of my time at the store, gaining my hp and mana back. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as well, and I've watched a lot of video's and read a lot of guide's and they all pretty much say I should be able to get blue buff at level 1, thus letting me stay out longer, but no matter how I try it, I can never get blue buff down at level 1, I either die trying, or run away.

I've got the optimum spec according to the guide's I've read, but I'm missing runes as they're ludicrously expensive.

Any tips or advice would gladly be appreciative.

Father Tunde

02-09-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukDSfz4ZSrQ
This should help This is a guide for lvl 30s though, so you might be able to do it this way.
At lower levels you will always have a harder time jungling, this is normal because you have no runes and no masteries. But from what I know with Nunu and Fiddlesticks you should be able to jungle easily at any level. Buy some armor,like cloth armor, and some potions that always helps. Otherwise buy ability power, like a Dorans Ring. With Fiddle take drain. With Nunu take Consume. If you are sure you can't handle blue alone, then get someone to help you kill it. Otherwise, take down the easier jungling units first and then come back to blue when you are stronger, like at level 3.
And definitely, always, take the Smite summoner spell! That might be where you went wrong. If it still doesnt work, get back to me. I hope this helps.

AncientSpice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

A fairly good way to get used to jungling is to pick Yi. He normally isn't that great of a jungler since his ganks aren't that great (doesn't have a slow or stun) but he's pretty easy to clear the jungle with. You don't have to start with blue, all you have to do is either start at golem (smite one) then wolves then wraiths (smite blue one) and then gank or base or repeat. Just take the small camps, invade the enemy jungle to get the small camps (for instance golems -> wolves -> wraiths -> enemy wolves) and gank when possible. You can wait untill lvl 6 for better ganks, this will also let you level faster since you won't be waiting around in bush or failing at a gank.

Other general advice:
- find a friend to play with who can solo a lane (normally top)
- stack on runes, even tier one runes which are cheap as dirt will help a bunch
- get the experience and the buff masteries besides the smite one ofcourse.
- get a leash when starting the jungle, even on golems it will help you a lot.

Insects

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

I dunno if outside sources are allowed in these forums but i'll attempt to post anyway.

http://www.absolutelegends.eu/forums...l-Jungle-Facts

That guide has most of the general knowledge you should have about jungling, including; Summoners, Jungle Paths, Viable Champions and gank advice.

If you're starting out in the jungle i'd recommend Warwick or Nunu as they are excellent choices when it comes to learning the ropes of the jungle.

Pinging

03-09-2011

I disagree with the fact that you can jungle at any level. I think you should be at least 20 to have enough masteries and/or runes to jungle without constantly have to go back to base to heal up. With some junglers it is just not possible to kill blue if you're not 20+.
To be honest when I started to play this game I didn't even know what jungling was, so respect for that. But I would wait with trying to jungle until your level is good enough for it.

Herr Ausragend

03-09-2011

Get some yellow armor runes, they are quite cheap and take experience masteries in utility tree. Let a teammate pull the blue buff for you or even pull it and help with some damage, than you should have no problems with blue at level 1. If you want to play an easy jungler i recommend Warwick. Nunu and fiddle need the blue buff to be able to jungle, so you should get it early on. With Warwick or other junglers you can also try alternative jungle routes and do blue buff later on.

HomoeroticPickle

04-09-2011

I guess my advice will just seem like I'm copying what the other people have kindly said to you but I'd say to go with the junglers mentioned to you by the others for practicing and getting better. I'm not a great jungler myself yet admittedly but I find that WW is the best for jungling with if you're not experienced at it.

Also, make sure to read the link Insects posted. It's a really good guide/fact list that has taught me stuff so kudos to him for writing it.