Best counter picks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyNtàx

25-08-2011

In your opinion which are the best counter picks regarding champion selection? For example, mention: Evelyn - Soraka (With soraka being the counter pick). Any additional information such as why do you think that the counter pick is suitable to neutralize your opponent would be appreciated and discussed

Ropefly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-08-2011

soraka > any AP in mid

Natriumon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-08-2011

Rumble counters melee dps at top.

Soraka counters poke teams (nidalee, ezreal, karthus). She also hard counters karthus ultimate.

Janna counters AoE teams (push them away after they initiate). Examples: amumu, galio, morgana, kennen.

Kassadin counters squishy AP, especially skillshot or combo champions. Orianna and Brand get screwed by him hard.

I'm sure there's more but too lazy to think of more.

Unownist

25-08-2011

Id like a counter to singed :P I think mordekaiser does well against him though

TeiX

25-08-2011

Veigar completely wrecks a late game Ap carry(built accordingly)

Nasus is good against high hp melee teams with a crippling slow Aoe armor debuff and Aoe %Hp drain ultimate that translates into Extra AD

kassadin cripples most ap carries midgame x), with his slow , silence and blink

and the list goes on, its all about knowing that one can and cant do

Koekieej

25-08-2011

Add jax and pantheon for autoattackers and carries.

@ Natriumon, I read somewhere you are a decent kassadin. I think myself as a good kassadin aswell. Are you reffering as orianna and brand as troughout the whole game or he cripples them in laning phase? While I agree with brand (his ult can still be nasty though), I don't see kassadin ever beating orianna in mid. She can pretty much zone me out from the creeps. This results in me either Q'ing to get some CS or trying to harass her. The latter is almost pointless since she can just shield every Q you trow at her. Maybe you can get some Q's in before her balls reaches her yes but still...

I'd like to hear how you handle her in mid if you can :P.

Ventaro

25-08-2011

lee sin is the best counter pick to akali, and other stealth champs like eve, twitch or teemo

kassadin is usually a good counter to spamming ap casters like karthus or vladimir, cos of silence, and he gets force pulse stacks very fast.

jax is a great counter to yorick, because he gets dodge procs from the ghouls.

ask if you want a counter pick to a special champ

NikHem343

25-08-2011

Tank Cho Gath counters any skillshot heroes, because of his bigness, especially nidalee.

Natriumon

25-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koekieej View Post
Add jax and pantheon for autoattackers and carries.

@ Natriumon, I read somewhere you are a decent kassadin. I think myself as a good kassadin aswell. Are you reffering as orianna and brand as troughout the whole game or he cripples them in laning phase? While I agree with brand (his ult can still be nasty though), I don't see kassadin ever beating orianna in mid. She can pretty much zone me out from the creeps. This results in me either Q'ing to get some CS or trying to harass her. The latter is almost pointless since she can just shield every Q you trow at her. Maybe you can get some Q's in before her balls reaches her yes but still...

I'd like to hear how you handle her in mid if you can :P.
Against skillshot champs, always start with boots. Play passively, reserve mana till level 3. Then spam Q on her because it hurts like hell. Just do your best to stay away from the ball as much as possible. You will get outfarmed hard before level 6. Like my last game against an orianna in soloqueue i had 11 creeps i think while he had 33. That's a big advantage for her but at level 6 i just forced her out of the lane over and over again. After about 25 minutes i had more farm than her and killed her 3 times.

But you will have to end it soon. If the game lasts too long she can catch up on farm or get assists/kills in teamfights. And regardless of how hard you screwed her in laning, she's still OP as hell in lategame teamfights. Same goes for Brand but he's even easier to screw in lane.

Oh and for countering singed. You don't have to counter him. Just put a champion like Nasus or Irelia solo top. It is impossible for Singed to kill them unless he gets perma ganks from the jungler. And a freefarming Nasus or Irelia can destroy teams. A farmed singed just runs around hoping someone is gonna die while Irelia just ate his Brand and Taric.

Draconian77

25-08-2011

-> Lanewick counters Jax,Chogath and Irelia solo top fairly handily.
-> I still find that a well played Vlad counters Anivia, Brand and Mordekaiser.
-> Veigar is a decent pick vs Annie even if his mana costs are a bit on the high side.
-> Sivir is a good counter to any Ad+Support lane with Taric/Alistar/Blitzcrank.
-> Garen is a decent counter to Akali. (Assuming he doesnt build full tank.)