Patch slow as 10 kbps p2p disable wont work

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdrYz

25-08-2011

So yeah my internet is stable with everything else except the patcher,

Never had this problem before and i understand why it could be slower but a 600mb patch with a download speed slower than dial up is annoying. is there is some other fix or its just the servers or something

Summner 1

25-08-2011

That happens if every1 turns P2P off.
At first it loads way faster for them, as they turn to antisocial leechers.
Then every1 does it and no1 seeding, millions of people leeching => slow download

AdrYz

25-08-2011

Yea but i have sub 10kbps download speed no matter what.

i downloaded the talon patch on the US server yesterday no problem but the files didnt carry over to Eu for some reason , thought its all the same now.

Summner 1

25-08-2011

Do you generally have problems reading or is it more the understanding of what you read?

PS: I'm not sure, but I could imagine, that you can simply copy the files from your US client to EU client.
You should google this first though, to see if it might work, and/or make a backup of your LoL folder.

Abyssal Wrath

25-08-2011

Ofcourse p2p disable doesn't work, fool.

P2p helps with faster downloading, if you disable you cna add an hour to your download time.

you probably don't even know what p2p is so why disable it?

now go back be a good boy and enable it again so everyone can profit

turn on p2p, wait 5 minutes, watch speed go SEXY BOOM

and play

AdrYz

25-08-2011

No i know what you mean but i only disabled p2p only for a minute to check the speed then turned it on again , zero difference in speed and i let both download for 10 minutes , it goes from 125 hours to 8 hours for the download.

ps why post retarded **** when you have no ****ing clue of what i came here to ask

Kibbar

25-08-2011

well due to the amount of people downloading thus huge patch, obviously download speeds will be slow, may be worth just putting it of for a day or two.

Should be noted some Broadband Providers In the UK Throttle P2P download rates during the daytime, e.g. BT so it may be worth leaving your PC on at night if you have one of these annoying ISP's

Skelton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-08-2011

Peer 2 Peer contrary to popular belief will not help you download faster. The P2P mechanic inside your game is used by Pando to leech from your connection and will result in it eating your bandwidth, there is no change when I swap from p2p back to off. You will just have the be patient. The mass number of people downloading causes it to lower your download speed. This is why one of the tricks for STEAM is to download a big patch for a game from Japan by setting your Download region to Japan. Unfortunately this cannot be done via the LoL Launcher.

The evidence would seem to be in the dozens of people switching P2P on and still downloading for over an hour at a similiar speed.

AdrYz

25-08-2011

"may be worth just putting it of for a day or two."

Thats what i was planning yesterday since every patch day is a massive cluster****, but i just wanted to try and Dl the patch , and i got download speed of 3 kilobytes a second max for a 630 mb patch

Riwix

Recruiter

25-08-2011

I had enabled P2P and now i have 418kbs