Caitlyn + Taric is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

starfux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

25-08-2011

Played against it repeatedly- if taric hits a stun, you are pretty much guaranteed to take 80-100% damage from lvl 3 on.

Current opinion on it:
- Possible to hold the lane with Tristana + support (can often jump before trap triggers)
- Possible to hold the lane with Sivir + support (spellshield pretty effective)
- VERY hard to just survive if the carry lacks an escape skill (kog, ashe, MF, etc)
- *Impossible* to beat (assuming equal skilled players & junglers).

Possible solution:
Increase the time until a trap triggers slightly.

Discuss.

Esthaniel

25-08-2011

I disagree. Never found Cait+Taric to be a problem unless you are playing Vayne.

Edit: one "not" to much deleted.

starfux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

25-08-2011

Quote:
I disagree. Never found Cait+Taric to be a problem unless you are not playing Vayne.
Not sure i understand correctly. So you think it's a problem whenever one is not playing vayne?
I agree that vayne is decent against Cait Taric, but I can't see her *winning* the lane- if she uses tumble aggressively, she'll probably get punished pretty hard for it, and without tumble Cait out-harasses her thanks to longer range...

Esthaniel

25-08-2011

Eh...was a typo ofc. Vayne has less range than Ashe/MF/Trist and is more squishy so she may have a hard time where the others have not.

Gancelot

25-08-2011

Counter taric with an alistar on botlane.

MoonlightSkye

25-08-2011

The problem isn't Caitlyn.

The problem is Taric.

Taric has a 2 second stun. Anyone else with a stun or a snare goes perfectly with Taric. Ever tried laning against Taric-Chogath? Taric-Sion, Taric-Lux, Taric-Garen

Etc. Taric is one of the best supports because he can dominate the lane, 2 second stun at rank 1 of Dazzle is crazy strong.

bollycow

25-08-2011

I don't know if you guys played this dual against Taric+Leblanc but they were literally raping us!

Taric stuns leblanc does the thing which hold you, so much damage. If you try to attack one of them, simply stuns or grabs hold of you. Sick and killer dual.

Just1more

25-08-2011

I just think cait is too good entire game , no probs at early good mid , and good late ,

Tankbuster92

25-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightSkye View Post
The problem isn't Caitlyn.

The problem is Taric.

Taric has a 2 second stun. Anyone else with a stun or a snare goes perfectly with Taric. Ever tried laning against Taric-Chogath? Taric-Sion, Taric-Lux, Taric-Garen

Etc. Taric is one of the best supports because he can dominate the lane, 2 second stun at rank 1 of Dazzle is crazy strong.
That's true, but that's simply his niche. He's an offensive support who can dominate the lane with specific partners. It's all he has.

He is one of the supports that falls off the most late game. Unlike Sona and Janna he does not have excellent CC, and unlike Soraka he can't pump out crazy heals (or at least, that was the case until this patch). He has a single-target stun and an underwhelming heal (and auras, but every support has that).

But yes, he's extremely strong in lane. That's the reason for picking him.
Personally, my AD main is Ashe, so I find myself facing Taric Cait very often. During the laning phase I always remind myself that no matter what happens, me and my support will be more useful late game than Taric and Cait. So I'm happy to not get a couple of cs if that's needed to keep me alive.

QGR

25-08-2011

yup caitlyn early game is ridic op nothing new