BIG fps drops

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facis1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2011

Hey guyz, wtf is wrong with my laptop if after 15-40mins the game starts droping FPS to ~10. Then I have to minimize my LoL for 1min after that I can play with stable 60fps for 2-10mins. After that I have big fps drops again... Everything was fine until I renewed my VGA drivers...

C12H16N2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2011

Sounds like overheating CPU/GPU, leading to throttling.

facis1

23-08-2011

But I didn't had the problem until I renewed the VGA drivers..

C12H16N2

23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by facis1 View Post
But I didn't had the problem until I renewed the VGA drivers..
It could be a coincidence. Install the old driver, check again. If it's still bad, it's 99% certain to be overheating.

Termoventilador

crane hermit

23-08-2011

Quote:
Hey guyz, wtf is wrong with my laptop if after 15-40mins the game starts droping FPS to ~10. Then I have to minimize my LoL for 1min after that I can play with stable 60fps for 2-10mins. After that I have big fps drops again... Everything was fine until I renewed my VGA drivers...
same here, your laptop gets hot indeed as 2nd poster said. I put my laptop onto 2 dvd boxes so it gets mroe air. ye its weird, but it works. back in the old days my laptop did not overheat thou... started since sc2 :P

facis1

23-08-2011

But guyz, I'm saying it again. EVERYTHING STARTED WHEN I RENEWED THE DRIVERS. I don't think it's overheating...

crane hermit

23-08-2011

Quote:
But guyz, I'm saying it again. EVERYTHING STARTED WHEN I RENEWED THE DRIVERS. I don't think it's overheating...
Well drivers can f**k up your vidcard too

Zaldrohir

23-08-2011

Try touching the underside of your laptop when it happens. If you get a blister you know it.

Just try what was said, reinstall the previous driver and check again. Maybe check on google if that particular driver is causing other users problems as well.

facis1

23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaldrohir View Post
Try touching the underside of your laptop when it happens. If you get a blister you know it.

Just try what was said, reinstall the previous driver and check again. Maybe check on google if that particular driver is causing other users problems as well.
Ye, I'll need to try.

But now guyz I gotta strange thing. I was playing in windowsmode and GPU and CPU temperatures were ~80-90. BUT when I started having fps drops at the same time CPU's and GPU's temperatures felt down by 10. It's VERY strange, wtf??