How to counter Tryndamere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Awesome

22-08-2011

I'm a level 30 player, and I play unranked 3v3 Solo/5v5 Solo games. I generally play Ashe, Jax, Blitzcrank, Teemo and a few more sometimes. I have great difficulty in countering tryndamere late game. He always has a lot of HP as well as damage by this time, so in team fights he comes in and does loads of damage. I will generally be a high DPS hero, so he will come try to walks out unscathed, at which point I'll have low HP, and die.

How do you counter tryndamere?

MeneerKrabs

22-08-2011

Focus disables on him, then Ignite and run away when his ult triggers
Exhaust
Thornmail, lots of armor
Pray for a nerf

Tryndamere is OP, but you already knew that probably

cloudstrife070

22-08-2011

ignite ignite ignite, exhaust is good

GoAwayAnnaOkBye

22-08-2011

Tryndamere is squishy as hell! he needs to be fed/well farmed to do any nice damage. As with some other champions, Feed them and they will become op.. There is no need for any more trynd nerfs just learn to counter

The Awesome

22-08-2011

These solutions seem way to difficult - I shouldn't have to choose specific summoner spells just to counter one champ. I always thought Trynd was OP, but I assumed I was wrong since I figured they would've nerfed him by now if he really was. Guess not. This means I will buy trynd

Ridinghood

22-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
These solutions seem way to difficult - I shouldn't have to choose specific summoner spells just to counter one champ. I always thought Trynd was OP, but I assumed I was wrong since I figured they would've nerfed him by now if he really was. Guess not. This means I will buy trynd
Nothing wrong with picking summoner spells to counter your opponent, that is what they are there for!

But as said before, Thornmail is really good against him (and you SHOULD be picking items to counter your opponent).
Mostly just don't be an idiot and hit him during his 'I can't die' phase (switch targets for a couple of secs), then a couple of auto attacks straight away do the trick. If he gets away then big deal, use the time to either kill his teammates or creeps (depending on stage of game).
Winning a teamfight by killing 4 of them with tryn getting away can be as good as killing all 5 of them as long as you can get a tower or two after...remember the objective is to kill their nexus not get a really high k/d.

Shamesh

22-08-2011

Well Tryn gets heavily countered by:
-Early Game , hes weak early, outzone him. No Farm, no kills, no threat.
-Thornmail. Says all, i guess.
-CC. A Team without CC will get stomped by Tryn. I see so many 3v3 players get noobstomped by him because they all want to play their Nuke chars without much cc.
-Exhaust/Ignite.

Stetto

23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
Best choice. Buy him and realize why he's far from overpowered.
He might be OP on Twisted Treeline, but not on Summoner's Rift.

You're not supposed to pick Ignite AND Exhaust just to counter Tryn.
You're supposed to pick one of them and tell your teammate to save the other one for Tryndamere.

Tryndamere is one of those perfect noob stompers, because he actually needs teamwork to be killed.
But hey? Who would expect that teamwork is mandatory in a 5v5 game?
If Tryn needs anything, he needs a slight buff, because he's so freakingly easy to counter with minor teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamesh View Post
Well Tryn gets heavily countered by:
-Early Game , hes weak early, outzone him. No Farm, no kills, no threat.
-Thornmail. Says all, i guess.
-CC. A Team without CC will get stomped by Tryn. I see so many 3v3 players get noobstomped by him because they all want to play their Nuke chars without much cc.
-Exhaust/Ignite.
These solutions aren't complicated at all and available to everyone.
Every team should have at least one Ignite and one Exhaust and other CCs anyway.

What do you consider to be an "easy solution"?
Faceroll-right-click-instakill? Do you expect to be able to 1v1 every single champion in the game?
I'm glad that there are many champions that aren't countered that easily.

Ashe is actually much much harder to counter than Tryn, when you're positioning yourself smartly and you've got a good team to support you.
She can kite a whole team all day long.

conductiv

23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetto View Post
Ashe is actually much much harder to counter than Tryn, when you're positioning yourself smartly and you've got a good team to support you.
She can kite a whole team all day long.
ashe is a stun>kill (works on any squishy champ that lacks CC breakers and inbuild escapes), extremely squishy character thats forced to build glass cannon or hit like a wet tisseu. she is also suseptible for flashganks. on top of this any tryndamere counter works on her aswell, it is just more effective against ashe

she is harder to outzone (benifit of range), and she does have a perma slow and stun that can prove very effective in combination with a teammembers that follow up on her. (utility skillset)

back ontopic.
-tanky champs can use thornmail to force tryndamere to back off.
-nukes can nuke trynd and force him to use his ult before he gets in the teamfight, tryndamere won't pose much of a threat if he's forced to walk for 3 out of the 5 seconds of his ult. kite champs can force the same thing
-if trynd uses his ult in a teamfight, exhaust, stun supress, blind or slow his attack speed to reduce his dmg output. and use silence, knockups or snares to prevent him from spinning off at the end of his ult. some tryndamere's use QSS or cleanse to remove CC's during his ult, check trynds summoner spells and equipment.
-DoT's and delayed damage effects are effective when applied at the end of trynds ult. any poison DoT, ignite, vladimirs hemophobia, khartus ult and zilians bombs are likely to kill trynd the second his ult ends. (as are snares in damaging situations like under a tower, or in a AoE effects like morgana's dark soil, or lux's delayed/triggerd blast area of effect spell .)

The Awesome

23-08-2011

Thanks for the strategies. I think this summed it up perfectly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetto View Post
Tryndamere is one of those perfect noob stompers, because he actually needs teamwork to be killed.
When I said the solutions seem to difficult, I meant being forced to pick one out of two of your own summoner spells, and items, which may not be right for your hero at all, just to counter trynd is excessive. As Stetto, said, he needs teamwork to counter, determining which champions in your team can naturally counter him as part of their build, which I can't see playing solo 5v5s.