Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

'sup with RoA?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azeirah

08-21-2011

Rod of Ages You can't get it from minute one. Let's say you got the money at 5 minutes. This means you got it fully charged it 15 minutes, right? nope.avi
According to riot, you will die a lot more than in SR. In the time you're dead you won't gain stacks. So it'll be charged at.. 19 minutes? You sir, have one minute left to utilise your Rod of Ages!
BUT this is ONLY if you take it as your FIRST item and ASSUMING you have ENOUGH MONEY at 5 minutes.

Soo.. will it be changed? :>

Escoteiro

08-21-2011

Death timers are shorter than on SR.
And you will have quite a lot of money.

Azeirah

08-21-2011

Quote:
Rum one:
Death timers are shorter than on SR.
And you will have quite a lot of money.

I know. But that doesn't make up to the fact that you can't get it before 5 minutes. And if you're playing REALLY WELL you will have it maxed at 15. You have 5 minutes left. k
It just doesn't seem good.

Gekker

Recruiter

08-21-2011

Its not like an not fully charged RoA is worthless. I mean its the only Item that gives a considerable amount of Health, Mana and Ability Power. Thats all you need for most champions

I will definitely get it often.

Azeirah

08-21-2011

Quote:
Gekker:
Its not like an not fully charged RoA is worthless. I mean its the only Item that gives a considerable amount of Health, Mana and Ability Power. Thats all you need for most champions

I will definitely get it often.

All true.. but you still can't unlock it's full potential :<

Gekker

Recruiter

08-21-2011

Quote:
Azeirah:
All true.. but you still can't unlock it's full potential :<

Well, not always. But there will be many games that take about 25 minutes and the last minutes of Dominion are the most important ones due to the fact that you can always turn the tides of a battle. So a fully charged RoA at around 20 minutes will be very useful

Don't worry if you like playing mages/caster you can't do anything wrong with an early RoA.

Aaxxandum

08-21-2011

Quote:
Azeirah:
I know. But that doesn't make up to the fact that you can't get it before 5 minutes. And if you're playing REALLY WELL you will have it maxed at 15. You have 5 minutes left. k
It just doesn't seem good.

Forgetting 2 things here...

First off u will be getting almost double the amount of gold for killing creeps from what i've seen on the vids so far.

And the other thing is when u level u will get the heal AND mana from RoA passive.

So still a pretty neat item imo, I would still have it as a first item on alotta my regular champs that i play that uses AP.

Azeirah

08-21-2011

Quote:
Aaxxandum:
Forgetting 2 things here...

First off u will be getting almost double the amount of gold for killing creeps from what i've seen on the vids so far.

And the other thing is when u level u will get the heal AND mana from RoA passive.

So still a pretty neat item imo, I would still have it as a first item on alotta my regular champs that i play that uses AP.

I didn't forget the gold part. Have you ever farmed up a RoA in 5 minutes? I know I haven't.
There are also a lot less minions.

But guys, I know it's still a good item. But I think it's kinda weird to have an item with a passive that simply can't be met. Take warmog's or Bloodthirsters. Both need minion farm to grow stronger, but you'll die a lot. It's a good item becoming a bit worse. (except warmog's it sucks.)
Why not make an item 'if you manage to stay alive till the 23rd minute you'll gain double gold from that moment on!' dominion exclusive. It also has these stats '65 ad, 20% lifesteal 15% attackspeed' costs 2650 gold. Get my point?

Aaxxandum

08-21-2011

Red crystall 475g + blue crystal 400g + combine = Catalyst 1325
Blasting Rod 860g
Blasting Rod 860 + Catalyst 1350 = 2210g + Combine 875g =3035

From what i've seen u get about 40g per creep kill, lets say its half of the minons that spawns in SR ( 110ish per 10mins ) so about 50creeps spawning per 10. Lets say youre cs isent perfect so u last hit 40 of em, some of them wille be cannon creeps that give a bit more. Thats 1600g for the first 10mins + the 1000g ure starting with thats 2600g.

400g from RoA after 10mins, Then maybe u get an assist or 2 that will help you with some gold, maybe youre team does a quest and gets gold from that...

Btw Bloodthirster dosent have attackspeed bonus on it...

Passive: Gains +1 Attack Damage and 0.25% Lifesteal per kill. Maximum of +40 Damage and 10% Lifesteal. Bonuses are lost upon death.

Warmog's Armor passive :

Passive: Permanently gain 4.5 Health and .15 Health Regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills and assists grant 45 Health and 1.5 Health Regen per 5. Bonuses cap at +450 Health, and +15 Health Regen per 5.

You dont loose the stats gained when dying...

Mosarator

08-22-2011

I think it is still a good Item. You LvL Up nearly every 1,5 Minute and u get 3 gold per second, or was it more, i dunno.
And Guys, why are you thinking in Minions? Jeah, they give more gold, and jeah you will kill some creeps, but guys (and girls) havent you seen at least the stream? you get a hell lot of kills and assists, even early on!
Kill or Assist --> good Gold --> early RoA

Ant because u lvl Up so fast, it is healing you soooo Good.

If you want to burst early begin with Blasting Wand and Shoes (i think thats what i gonna do), or if you wanne stay alive early on begin wit Catalyst and some 50 gold item (dunno if there are pots enabled)