cant connect to the HTTP server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brainlezz Jurk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2011

when i try to start up league of legends it comes up with message saying. "Could not connecto to the HTTP server. Please check that your internet connection is enabled and that you fire wall is not blocking access." I was playing LoL like 2 hours ago... please help me!

Bigpapa11

18-08-2011

same issue... and it seems no one know how to get it work. this is the fourth thread i c, talking about the same thing.. in the four threads i can NOT see any answer from riot staff!! either they r too dumb to figure it out Or they don't care about customers any more

Kogling

18-08-2011

Not running as admin causes this issue. (i.e. rightclick > run as admin)

You will also need to make sure your firewall and antiviruses are not blocking the application. The launcher does an initial self update check which firewalls dont seem to like and causes this error

Bigpapa11

19-08-2011

yes, i did that before.. i run it as admin, but nothing changes. also i cleaned my registry. still same issue... at the beginning it said Error: cannot connect to HTTP server etc. now its not giving me any messages, only lol logo comes up and nothing start.. and it keeps blinking in the middle of the screen. please some one give us a solution.. thank you

Bigpapa11

19-08-2011

also.. my firewall is off (windows firewall is rubbish i always keep it off) my anti virus is not blocking the game .. because 1 hour before the error i was playing normally.. why it will block it now?! besides anti virus will pop up a message when it blocks any thing. i did not c any message since the error. also my brother cant play lol in his laptop .. he gets the same error. is the server down or something like that ?!

Kogling

19-08-2011

Using a router? try plugging directly into the modem and seeing if it's your router.