How is elo calculated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kopfi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-08-2011

Hello community,

ive been playing DotA for a long time than started LoL and was very excited about ranked games. But that's OT.

I found a nice team in which we do premades time by time.

But I also did some 3x3 premades with one stable friend and 2 people we swapped.

The one friend i made every single game with me has played the same games as I did and still my elo was 1316 while his was ~1150. How can this be?

Does elo calculate the in-game performance as well? Or does it count solo and premade 5x5 ratings as well?

Slayer86

15-08-2011

Your score for 3v3, 5v5 and solo queue are separate. The highest of these scores will be displayed.

Skazord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-08-2011

Also, if he started ranked games before you, he could be under 1200, and if you won the first matches, you get an Elo boost, you will get a lot more elo for your first wins.

pedra forlorn

15-08-2011

the number in ur profile is just a dummy

truth is its the elo number +- 300
then u are put into a team with ppl roughly the same or lower then ut new elo number
the opponent team has an average of +200 ur new elo number

Akanai

15-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedra forlorn View Post
the number in ur profile is just a dummy

truth is its the elo number +- 300
then u are put into a team with ppl roughly the same or lower then ut new elo number
the opponent team has an average of +200 ur new elo number
Terrific misinformation.

Conflixx

15-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanai View Post
Terrific misinformation.
But no true information... From yourself. Dimwit.

It's simple by the way, your friend has played 3x3 premades before you did. He lost a few games and went under 1100, losing like 20 a 30 elo a game. Then you came along all fresh and new elo and you guys won a couple of games he won around the 16 or 17 elo per game while you won 42 rating per game.
The numbers may be wrong, but it's about the point.

Your first ranked games grant or lose you the most elo. It gradually slows down.

Kopfi

15-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflixx View Post
But no true information... From yourself. Dimwit.

It's simple by the way, your friend has played 3x3 premades before you did. He lost a few games and went under 1100, losing like 20 a 30 elo a game. Then you came along all fresh and new elo and you guys won a couple of games he won around the 16 or 17 elo per game while you won 42 rating per game.
The numbers may be wrong, but it's about the point.

Your first ranked games grant or lose you the most elo. It gradually slows down.
Thats the thing. He and I played the exact games in 3vs3.. none of us played with another team. but always with eachother...

NanoNaps

15-08-2011

I heard something along the lines of:

If you allready did another ladder like 5v5 premade and join 3v3 the system puts you closer to you 5v5 rating than to 1200 (which is about the normal start value) so if he was lower elo in 5v5 he got set to a lower starting position.

well that is what i read somewhere ... don't have any sources or something but it kinda could work that way

edit: And ELO gets calculated through the average elo of your team and the average elo of the enemy team. There is some "boost" for your first few games but overall it still gets calculated through teamELOs

Kopfi

15-08-2011

Thanks a lot Slitter.

This would make sense as i got a way better solo rating than he does.

*thumbs up*