Cho'Gath a viable champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mondocool

13-08-2011

My friend use to main Cho'Gath a while back and i really enjoyed the way he played so recently i have decided to pick him up an i was wondering if hes still viable/worth investing time in as i dont really see him in matches what so ever tbh, also i was wondering how should i build him (tank/AP tanky/straight AP?)

sammy a

13-08-2011

he is still very much viable

you almost need an entire team to take him down when he hits full stacks of his ultimate and has a tank build...with an AP build sure it enables him to deal more damage but it takes alot away from his survivabilty and indurance...i play him hybrid, building mostly defensive tanky items at first and then incorperating 1 or 2 AP items. this gives him great durabilty whilst giving him a good damage output at the same time

NicknameMy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-08-2011

Well, you can build more on AP, because cho should be played as off-tank. Rod of Ages, Force of Nature/Abysall Scepter, rabadons deathcap, frozen heart/zhonyas hourglass or even Rylai's crystal scepter and morrelio's evil tome.. Start with Regrowth Pendant and buy Philosopher's Stone + boots as fast as you can. This gives you epic laning power.Then buy Rod of Ages. After that, the build is situational, buy against your enemies team.

xStickers

13-08-2011

I made a guide for him on Mobafire, hes more than viable, i play him AP, once your 6 stacks your a burst mage which has huge health aswell!

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-tears-106882

NicknameMy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-08-2011

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-chogath-86284

that one is better xD. But your is also good.

Penderz

13-08-2011

RoA->Boots->Deathcap (should have enough defence with your ulti stacks to be able to take this early) -> frozen heart (CDR+Armor for nuking and tanking),FoN/Banshees etc.etc. Abyssal, and Rylais for more ap if you need it, or buy more defensive items if you feel you need them instead.

kerbult

13-08-2011

cho wins games

tons of cc, great nature tankieness, great laning(q+w = dead minions) and a true dmg ulti.

i love playing ryze, but if i want the highest chance to win, i always go for cho'gath.

LADT Rayunmort

29-08-2011

Cho is probably the best ap/tank in game. Why?

If you build him with: move 3 boots, mejai, rabadons cap, guardian angel, warmog and abyssal scepter/zhonyas hourglass (depending on if there are ad or ap on the other team).

With this build, not only does it take at least 4 people to take you down, but you can manage a 1v3 by using rupture and feral scream, autoattacking the one with the lowest health, feasting the one that can die, and reusing rupture/feral scream on the last one running away

Mazzerin

30-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbult View Post
cho wins games

tons of cc, great nature tankieness, great laning(q+w = dead minions) and a true dmg ulti.

i love playing ryze, but if i want the highest chance to win, i always go for cho'gath.
Hes saying the truth.. Why do people downvote him?

MasterofEtherium

30-08-2011

He is good.