Health bar colours

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

case x

03-09-2010

Hi, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to put it.

I wanted to ask if you have any plans to allow people to change the colour of champion health bars, or if you would ever consider it.

I'm partially colour blind and I find it hard to tell the difference between red and green, the only time it's really a problem is in big team fights when it gets a bit confusing :P

Thanks

snOk Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

Its the right place :P

How to change ingame bars color:

1) go to League of Legends\Game\ and find HeroPak_client.zip
2) in HeroPak_client.zip go to DATA\Images\ and find healthbars.tga
3) unpack it into League of Legends\Game\DATA\Images\ folder (create if not exist)
4) open healthbars.tga with Photoshop \ Paint.NET or other tool that support editing .tga files
5) edit bar colors in your graphic editor and save this file.

Its hard, but you could do it ^,^

Nomajin

04-09-2010

Just a side note.. it is always hard to see life bars ect. in big team fights, even if you aren't color blind.
Sometimes I also have trouble finding myself in the fight :P

Sephirotica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

You can find the .tga in this thread
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...399#post255399
page 4, post by xPhenomen

You can find some minion recolor here
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=189647
if you need it

I am using a variation of both with allied minions being eye-painfull white, enemies being night-black, everything else is just a pale shade of grey. Or thats what i see xD

case x

06-09-2010

Awesome, thanks guys!

Aullah

06-09-2010

And it is possible to change only YOUR health bar? In teamfights, sometimes i lost track of myself and a diff color hpbar would be awesome.

BQF Xim

15-05-2011

Up! I'm unable to install the color blind mode with the new patcher.

I saw some solutions :

Quote:
For the health bars, you will have to use a 3rd party tool to change that file. You can use ItzWarty's tool here http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=704945

Just follow his directions and you should be able to get it done.

Note that this tool is not officially supported by Riot, so use at your own risk. If anything does go wrong, you can use the repair feature built into the new patcher.
How can Riot say something like that? We cannot play without an external tool, and Riot don't even support officially this tool. What will happen if there's a keylogger or something in it?

Seriously, it's 1 day of work (with testing) to integrate such option, and remember color blind people are approximately 10% of the population... (MOST of the color blind people don't even know they have a great disadvantage in the game, I never saw any difference between health bars before a friend says me). A really easy implementation would be to change the red and green tint to something more differenciable (still red and green), which would take approximately 5mn work (changing the main healthbars.tga file provided with the official client). Is it too much for your customers?

We only ask you to reduce our disadvantage, we are way more that what you think, and we are really bored to play like that.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks to take us into consideration.

SureNot.

PLaCiDSHaDoW

05-12-2011

This helped me with my color ignorance issue ....

http://sweetdiculous.com/razieh/Colours/