Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Transfers Between EU West and EU Nordic & East are now Available!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SDMarukokun

08-13-2011

Quote:
A Stoned Zebra:
Shouldn't this service be free? I mean like $20-25 to transfer your account is a lot. It's a deal, but something like this should be free. It effects people's interactions with friends that they had on either part of the EU split. If majority is on server A and you're on server B, why should you have to pay $20-25 just to play with them again with your account that your earned everything on? It is time saving, but I personally think a service like this should be free, OR at least free for the first transfer. It's not right to squeeze money out of every aspect you can think of.. especially with something like this.

Since Riot's setup isn't really designed for this, a high price is good to prevent frivolous/"game the system" region changes.
For ex. there's seperate Elo for the servers, so the skill level that matches 1600 Elo could be very different between EU-W, EU-NE and NA servers, so you don't want things like someone changing to the "easiest" region, farm Elo there, then transfer back to their normal region with the extra Elo they kind of "smurfed" together...

SDMarukokun

08-13-2011

Quote:
EvilVildor:
Will there be a transfer from US to EU?

from the FAQ:
Quote:

Will transfers to the North American platform be available at this time?
•At present, no. We may support the ability to transfer from Europe to North America in the future, but we don’t have any definitive plans at this time.

Isarandil

08-14-2011

This is basicaly a month too late, You already messed up 100's of competitive teams and showed a disregard for friend groups by not providing this with the release of the split, and were supposed to be thankful your now going to let us pay you to do it? ... lol

OrdelRobi

08-14-2011

no its not, they shouldnt be charging, I for one will not be playing all just buy an ip boost and work on my smurf account. As chef so honestly said in his days at south park. suck on my chocklate salty bawlz!

OrdelRobi

08-14-2011

its only free for ppl who have set up accounts before the split.

A Stupid Owl

08-15-2011

Quote:
A Stoned Zebra:
Shouldn't this service be free? I mean like $20-25 to transfer your account is a lot. It's a deal, but something like this should be free. It effects people's interactions with friends that they had on either part of the EU split. If majority is on server A and you're on server B, why should you have to pay $20-25 just to play with them again with your account that your earned everything on? It is time saving, but I personally think a service like this should be free, OR at least free for the first transfer. It's not right to squeeze money out of every aspect you can think of.. especially with something like this.
It is free for the first transfer.

A Stupid Owl

08-15-2011

Quote:
cefo1:
well played normal game here on WEST and I REALY ENJOY IT! NO FLAME, NO RAGE I LOVE IT

On my first, A Yi and malphite told me (As Jax) and leblanc that we were "OP noob champs!" But in general. GO WEST!

Dragantis

08-15-2011

my friend register near 3week before split and he said he have to pay can you write what date of acount creation is count as before split and after?

Superschildpad

08-20-2011

The server is great now! congrats riot

PissingInAction

09-16-2011

Hello all... I don't want to necro-bump a topic but I don't want to open a new topic for this question either - we have more than enough spam-topics anyway...
Long story short:
- I've got a friend who has an EU Nordic & East account and wants to come to EU-WEST ... however at the "game store" under the "other" tab the server transfer option is missing. Is this function permanently or temporarily disabled?
- Will it be available ever again?
- He still has his "transfer once for free" option.
-
-TL;DR: The Server Transfer option is missing from the Store/Other tab - is it permanently disabled? Will it be available any time soon?