A New Champion Approaches: Lynax, The Lightning Dragon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizzelteats

10-08-2011

LYNAX

A large and ominous storm was brewing over Noxus, unlike the city had ever seen. In an attempt to stop the oncoming threat of the storm destroying buildings and taking people's lives, a group of summoners were asked to try and put a stop to it. By use of ancient scrolls and spells, they attempted to control the skies and revert the storm. But the scrolls used were tainted with dark magic. Instead of controlling the thunderous cloud, already on top of the city striking buildings with lightning and causing floods, they awoke a dorment evil...

At first, after the enchantment was completed, it seemed as though the lightning strikes had ceased. The gathered crowd cheered in relief, but their joy was shortlasted. The storm slowly began to come together in one single area. A thunderous dark ball of lightning was what remained. For a couple of minutes it remained in this state, producing loud electrical sounds and thunder. All of a sudden the noise stopped... People stood in awe as the object started to take shape of an ancient dragon. Lynax was born.

The great dragon of old mounted the peak of the granite mountain, viewing the mortals that accidently summoned him while they looked back at him. As menacing as Lynax appeared, he didn't attack or rage. He was confused, for his ancient power lay in destroying things, living or not. However, he had been in banishment for so long that he also felt relief and pride that he could once more roam the skies of Valoran. In a quest to soothe his appetite for destruction, the dragon went to the Fields of Justice to wreak havoc in return for his protection of Noxus and its inhabitants.

Description:

Lynax is a large lightning-based dragon capable of shocking his opponents. He commands the skies, summoning storms and lightning to come to his aid.
What makes Lynax unique is mostly his passive in combination with his skills. He has charges, which he can use to power up his skills. This makes him a true 'nuke' champion, with extremely powerful potential if not kept in control by the opposition.

Tags/Stats

Health 5/10
Attack 2/10
Spells 8/10
Difficulty 7/10

Ranged - Mage

Recommended Items:

1. Doran's Ring
2. Sorcerer's Boots
3. Rod of Ages
4. Rabadon's Deathcap
5. Deathfire's Grasp
6. Rylai's Crystal Scepter

SKILLS
------------------

Charge (Passive):

Everytime Lynax kills a minion he gains 1 charge of electricity, champions grant 4. Up to a maximum of 12 stacks. Additionally, Lynax gains 1 charge per 15 seconds of not being hit.
NOTE: All spells remove 1 charge (but have the power given by all current charges). Q doesn't remove single charges but discharges all charges (based on the cap of 7/8/9/10/12)

Discharge (Q):

Passive: Lynax's built up power increases his magic resistance by 2/2,5/3/3,5/4 x amount of charges.

Active: Lynax discharges any remaining charges at a single target, dealing 0.8* AP + (amount of charges x 1.5) % of the target's maximum health. He is healed for a percentage of the damage done.

No cooldown. Passive will set in as soon as Lynax builds up new charges.
30/40/50/60/70% healing done.
Charges cap: 7/8/9/10/12
Mana cost: 40/50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 1.5 s, static.

Winged Gust (W):

Lynax powerfully swing his large wings from back to front, slowing all enemy units in a cone in front of him and pushing himself back by a small amount.

Deals 60/90/120/150/180 (0.6 AP Ratio) magic damage.
Slow: 40/50/60% for 1.5 seconds.
Distance: 350 + 15 x amount of charges
CD: 15 - 0.5 x amount of charges
Mana Cost: 80/85/90/95/100

Supercell (E):

Summons a storm over an area, slowing the attack and movement speed of units caught underneath it by 20%. The storm produces a lighting bolt, striking any unit still caught under the storm and stunning it for some time.

Duration: 3 s.
Damage: 7/11/16/21/26 x amount of charges + (0.5 Ap Ratio) magic damage
Stun Duration: 1 + 0.08 x amounts of charges seconds
CD: 12 s.
Mana Cost: 100

Lightning Charged Breath (Ultimate):

Lynax opens up his mouth to fire a huge amount of lightning in a line in front of him. Each succesful hit will bounce up to two times to enemies very nearby (including minions). If an enemy is struck two times in a row, he is silenced for 1 second.

Consecutive strikes depend on spellshields and range between enemies.

Channel Time: 1.5 s.
Damage per strike: 80/160/240 (0.7 AP ratio) + 5x amount of charges magic damage.
Range between targets: 250 + 10x amount of charges
CD: 130/115/100 s
Mana Cost: 180

Some WoW-based artwork to give an idea of his visual skill set.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3883351391_5dc8250069.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	46839   Click image for larger version

Name:	thunder_dragon_by_jetzero-d3fr2pf.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	46840  
Attached Images

sauki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

i love it
ill send it right away

sauki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

oh wait
its already in champions and items suggestions

Wizzelteats

10-08-2011

Glad you like it. Any feedback on skills or numbers anyone?

DutchGirl329

10-08-2011

I really like it ^^ Looks cool and he would be epic

tpx4hawk

10-08-2011

Awsome! =D

Wizzelteats

10-08-2011

added some artwork regarding Lynax and his lore

Bewaker

11-08-2011

This character will be useless in teamfights I am afraid. Because when you get focused you lose all the sparks and you can't cast skills or underpowered skills.
Next to that Q sounds like an opener spell (current HP%) so you lose all stacks and can't follow up your spell combo, and due to the current HP% you cant use it as a finisher.

I really liked the idea at first, but while thinking i saw these problems in teamfights :S
Got no real solution tbh.

Wizzelteats

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewaker View Post
This character will be useless in teamfights I am afraid. Because when you get focused you lose all the sparks and you can't cast skills or underpowered skills.
Next to that Q sounds like an opener spell (current HP%) so you lose all stacks and can't follow up your spell combo, and due to the current HP% you cant use it as a finisher.

I really liked the idea at first, but while thinking i saw these problems in teamfights :S
Got no real solution tbh.
Maybe I could increase the recharge rate? Or perhaps generate charges upon being hit instead of losing them? Or generate charges upon attacking? That way Lynax could get an attack speed item like guinsoos or wit's end.

Wizzelteats

11-08-2011

Changed it so any minion or champion kill will grant him charges. Only his Q will cancel them, but now also heals him. I forgot that Q initially didn't have any levelling advantages. Now each level increases the heal it does and its passive bonus.