Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Application configuration is incorrect ---> RADS Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NimRast

08-09-2011

Hi there!
Recently I "resurrected" an old computer of mine because my newest computer is broken

I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 installed.
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz
1024 RAM
Directx 9.0c
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon x700 (256 MB)

Technically I should be able to play League of Legends with this computer so I downloaded the game and installed it in C:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends The problem is that when I tried to play an error message showed up:

"application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"

The error appeared BEFORE the League of Legends logo. I reinstalled the game several times but it kept giving me the same error so I did some internet research and installed the Microsoft net framework 4.0 and did a couple of things more (which I don't recall, I think I downloaded a friend's rads_user_kernel.exe and used it instead of mine) and the error changed. Now it still gives me an error before the League of Legends logo but now it says:
"RADS Error
Failed to launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe"

I tried reinstalling it again and using my own rads_user_kernel.exe but the error keeps appearing. Unfortunately it seems that the RADS error is a very common error and has lots and lots of different causes. I tried every single solution I found on this forum (and I've been two days searching and trying different solutions so I'm sure I've already tried all of them except for those with not-working links).

As a side note, I've already did a chkdsk, virus scan, spyware scan, I've also restored the system to a previous state, I tried executing lol.launcher.admin but it does nothing at all, I've tried repairing the League of Legends instalation, I've tried disabling my antivirus and firewall, I also tried removing the C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher folder and then executing the game but it gave me the same error, I've also tried unistalling, cleaning the registry with ccleaner, and reinstalling.
Every single time it gave me the same error, and the strangest part is that it never created a log, it just simply gives me this weird error even before the League of Legends logo appears so I don't know what to do next xD I think I did everything.

I'm going to try a full clean reinstall:

- Uninstall League of Legends from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Adobe Air from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Pando Media Booster from Add/Remove Programs
- Delete any traces of LoL left behind
- Run http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner and clean any registry issues
- Delete any and all traces of LoL left behind
- Reinstall.

I'll tell you how it went as soon as I'm finished. Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post.

EDIT: I've finished the full clean reinstall and when I tried to run the game this time it gave me the first error "application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" so I decided to look further into the Microsoft net framework issues (I heard they had something to do with that) and I realised I only had the Microsoft NET Framework 4 instaled so I also instaled the Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 having both instaled and after a short reboot the game finally launched and it's currently updating.

Hope this post helps anyone in my current situation.

M4nk3y

08-10-2011

Thank you very much for fixing my life, I love you <3

RedzyLovezYa

10-13-2012

I'm currently download Microsoft NET Framework 3.5, but I don't know what to do when it downloads and even if I find out I'm worried will I have the same problem.. help ?

RedzyLovezYa

10-13-2012

MAN IT WORKS FINE NOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH.. ADD ME WE CAN PLAY SOMETIMES