[Guide] Solo Laning. Here's a hint.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Dracosna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Hello,
Today I shall be talking to you about solo laning, the concept of solo laning, and why the majority of players pick the wrong champions to solo lane with.

A solo laner should have one or at best all of these requirements:
1. Minion Killing abilities.
2. Self Healing.
3. A Brain.

Now today most games are dominated by "I'm a tank, i'll solo top." This will result in a slightly higher level tank with next to no minion kills against a competant enemy in the lane. The better solo laners should be able to gain themselves kills against 2 enemies by themselves, because of their self healing and their farm which should allow them to power down their enemies.

The main reason why a person is able to take a solo lane is the person they are fighting against or the people, if they are able to solo then it is the enemies fault for not denying them minions or harrasing them out of the lane.

Now lets look at some of the top soloers, I will not include Irelia in this since she dominates everything and everyone so consider her already #1 because of how "balanced" she is.

For 1v2 Solo Laning the best 5 will be:
1. Cho'gath
2. Mordekaiser
3. Udyr
4. Vladimir
5. Morgana

For 1v1 Solo Laning the best 5 will be:
1. Blitzcrank (I will explain)
2. Udyr
3. Renekton
4. Nasus
5. Warwick

Now to explain the Blitzcrank, its simply because of the grab and the threat it poses, the threat itself is enough to deter a lot of enemies but he can also get the damage out without much harm to himself in a solo lane, for a 1v1 situation for some reason he will just be better.

Items: A Dorans item to start with is always good, but you will have to get mana regen later on.

Spells: Clarity for mages is good but otherwise whatever you like.

Now I hope that you have learned something from this today, post any questions and comments below.

ShakeNBakeUK

09-08-2011

so basically what i get from this is that you think blitz is the best 1v1 champ in the entire game?

riiiiigggghhhhhttttt.

fail thread is fail.

Caelerys

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracosna View Post
For 1v2 Solo Laning the best 5 will be:
1. Mordekaiser
2. Singed
3. Irelia
4. WW
5. Udyr
fixed it for u

Lord Dracosna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Singed is pretty terrible in a solo lane. And to ShakeNBake I'm not saying he's the best 1v1er but in a 1v1 Solo Lane he will dominate more so then most.

Caelerys

09-08-2011

meh, whenever we have a jungler (mind me, I play Normal at a level range where ppl is maybe a little better then the infamous EloHell) and I'm expecting the enemy to have none, i get singed. 1v2, start a little aggressive (poison first) and get down to half health, then play defensive (fake being scared). I can assure u u'll get a fling into tower or two by the 4 minute mark :P my best record so far is 4-0 by the 10 mins mark, but usually I go 1/2-0

Aonyr

09-08-2011

im not kidding...even Soraka>blitz in 1v1 solo.

Lord Dracosna

09-08-2011

The blitzcrank must be asleep and just afking by the Soraka's tower. Blitz is a good 1v1 solo laner, I really don't see where your coming from.

NotSojiro

09-08-2011

l0l

navisoul

10-08-2011

"Now lets look at some of the top soloers, I will not include Irelia in this since she dominates everything and everyone so consider her already #1 because of how "balanced" she is."

for who voted -1 I will explain:
CC
Lifesteal
Great farming abilities
Great damage
Lowers CC on her
High Hp

She seems pretty balanced...I mean...every other champion in the league has this!

If she does not outplay any other champion when soloing is because you do not have the 3rd requirement "brain" and should uninstall the game.

Farod1n

10-08-2011

Noobs hating on Irelia again...