How to Counter? : Orianna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just1more

08-08-2011

G'day ppl ive been lanin against orianna quite sometimes now , and all i discovered is that there is no counter play against her in laning , u just cant touch her , i usually play more passive champs , with this i mean champs that dont have a spell to close a gap in no time , playing these champs, how can i counter her , dont come to me with dodge it .. cause a good orianna will allways have her ball right next to you ready to strike making her the best zoner ingame imo (lets not even talk bout her dmg ) if u can get on any tips or tricks that i didnt know itll be appreciated

just some additional info : if been watchin some of the streams , only to hear some calling her op , and some banning her b4 annie

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-08-2011

She's only as OP as any other AOe burst caster... Annie, anivia etc.

The best way to beat orianna in lane, by far, is to switch around until somebody with a gap closer is up against her. It's common sense, really, and your team is at a massive disadvantage if you don't try to stack the laning matchups in your favour.

If you really must play a character without a gap closer, though, then your best bet is to hardly harass her at all, but make it count when you do, using flash to force her to 'miss' her Q.
Playing orianna can be seriously weakened when you dodge that ball. Think of it as though her Q moves her mouse pointer, and is on a 5+ second cooldown. Even a single flash dodge of her ball can stack the lane in your favour for a few minutes if you make it count.
Besides that, though, if you can't get a gap-closing character against her, get lots of healing potions and prepare for a rough ride - you asked for it, going into lane against her.

Esthaniel

08-08-2011

Kata, as absurdly as it sounds, can harass the **** out of her without getting too much trouble. Brand and Malz (if played right) can beat her too. Cass can win against ori easily - same/more range, less mana concerns, higher base damage.

Draconian77

08-08-2011

Vladimir counters Orianna pretty easily in lane. Q and an early spellvamp item negate her harass almost completely and if you do somehow manage to get yourself low W escapes her ult when/if she tries to go for the kill.

Sylver Skyes

08-08-2011

My group had this problem as well, we found sticky a Tanky DPS like Irelia or Renekton in mid vs Orianna is strong. Anytime she throws the ball out at you, jump onto her immediately for some damage and it scares her off. Any Champion with good Lane-sustain can generally beat her as she has no sustain. Make sure to get some early MRes, I like to get 2 Null-Magic Mantles early on [1 for Mercury Treds, 1 for Guardian A / Whits End].

Ravagez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Vayne. She throws the ball, you tumble in her face dodging the ball and damaging her.
Orianna will hardly win the lane against a good vayne

Donkeyflaps

08-08-2011

Do what I do against Brand or cass. Buy boots, and dodge everything she throws at you, wait for her mana bar to go low and beat the living **** out of her.

Just1more

08-08-2011

u must know that her ball is indodgeable even with boots , that is because the ball is allways close to you , and for the other replies , u all suggest a gap closer, looks like the only solution probably ,

Chillosoph

Master Recruiter

08-08-2011

"HERPA DERP, I'm too bad to dodge the ball, NURF ORIANNA PLS"

LET ORIANNA ALONE!

Just1more

08-08-2011

if u have played against a good orianna u will know that u cant dodge it , so dont say stupid **** please , i never sayd she needs a nerf mate, go troll somwhere else