Learning how to jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaioShinDE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

Hi everyone!

I played a ton since I started the game 4 weeks ago and learned a lot already. The one role that completely escapes me so far is the one of a jungler. Are there any good general tutorials on jungling people can recommend? Or maybe even video guides?

From the little I know, if I understand it right, the requirements to jungle are:

a) A hero who can heal somehow
b) Smite
c) Certain Runes (unsure which)

The champions I have are:

Leona
Irelia
Tristana
Miss Fortune
Lux
Janna
Orianna
Annie

I tried to have one champ for each role at least, so I have AD and AP carries, supports, a tank and an assassin/brawler (Irelia), Would Irelia be a good or at least workable pick for jungling? I'm saving up my IP for getting runes, so far I only have a page for Miss Fortune, and the one for Orianna/Annie will be expensive as hell. It would be nice if I could do something with the champs I have instead of getting a new one just for jungling. Also I like to play hot girls and not monsters like Amumu or Warwick who are usually picked for jungling :P

So, I'd be grateful for any kind of recommendations and hints you can give me. Thanks in advance!

Severing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

Irelia is the only possible jungler you own although shes not great, you could try jungle with Nunu (hes only 450 ip) with a little help at blue the same rune set you use for your AP champs should be ok.
Another cheap jungler but more difficult would be Master Yi (again 450 ip) - cant think of any female junglers really..
Runes for junglers are variable but flat armor yellows (quite cheap) would be the main difference from laning champs.

wilconl

05-08-2011

my main junglers at the moment are master yi, nunu, fiddlesticks, warwick and Cho'gath
you're jungle route is very champion specific, for example with ww, nunu and fiddlesticks you start at blue, but with master yi and Cho'gath i prefer to start at minigolems, only taking blue after i get lvl 4/5..

but most important IMO would be: always be aware of the lanes! if bot/top is having troubles, help out!
if mid is easily gankable, go gank!
you're there for your team as a jungler, not for yourself (even though a good gank kan give you 1 or 2 kills and you level quite fast if done well)

AncientSpice

05-08-2011

I agree.. Nunu and Yi are both good junglers for their price (other junglers will be better eventually, but these guys will let you get to know the jungle). I found Yi to be the better ganker, where nunu is the better team player, but that's style I guess..
If you're not certain about your chances against blue or red, just skip them for the first few levels... I had great results by just going Wolves-Wraiths-Golems and after that invade enemy jungle or BP and starting over again. Just get some Tier 1 runes on defence and you'll do fine.

umpa tumpa

05-08-2011

jungle amumu best jungle hands down just try him start whit despair at blue

Herr Ausragend

06-08-2011

Check this out for jungle videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/stonewall008

Ralfh4

08-08-2011

You can jungle with Nidalee though she's half cougar, may or may not suit your tastes. I've also heard that you can jungle with Kayle though I assume you need a very specific full rune page for it. Irelia's the best of the girls at jungling ,that you currently own, though Orianna can also jungle (surprising?) but only just barely.

l l k4M

08-08-2011

I start my jungling actions 2 days ago with amumu. Its quite easy and i dont have runes. Just take smite, some masteries for jungle and use the w skill.
Its easy and you can go for blue 1st with no help.

HeavyWeapons

10-08-2011

Buy amumu, at start get cloth armor and 5x hp pots
get your point in despair... at lvl 2 in tantrum --> lvl 3 despair --> lvl 4 bandage toss --> despair --> ulti

Start at blue ( you will need someone to pull him) --> go to wolves --> ghosts --> dubble golems --> red buff --> gank (Go to well if nessisary and use your smite when you need it)

You can go to Mobafire or LoL wiki, to find some good jungle guides

Ralfh4

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyWeapons View Post
Buy amumu, at start get cloth armor and 5x hp pots
get your point in despair... at lvl 2 in tantrum --> lvl 3 despair --> lvl 4 bandage toss --> despair --> ulti

Start at blue ( you will need someone to pull him) --> go to wolves --> ghosts --> dubble golems --> red buff --> gank (Go to well if nessisary and use your smite when you need it)

You can go to Mobafire or LoL wiki, to find some good jungle guides
That makes sense....I've been trying to figure out myself how to jungle with Amumu and I always took tantrum first because of the damage reduction and started at wolves. I should've read a guide :/