Anyway to transfer install from computer to computer without need for Download?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dusk777

01-08-2011

Hi,

Is there any way to transfer my LoL install from one of my computers to another without having to download again?

I looked in my program files folder and it doesn't seem to be a normal setup like say WoW or whatever.

Any help is much appreciated.

CLUR

01-08-2011

Ipod.

HDD?

Tiger Woods

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2011

You can the game is ''portable''
But make sure you google : adobe air and install it, or it wont work.

What happened was :

When you download the game, it installs in the path where you download to. so look there

Schneeflitchen

01-08-2011

I dont think it will work. I tried to give my LoL a friend of me because he has very slow internet speed. It didnt work just to copy the folder in the same path.
If you have 1337 skills with keywords ( regedit) you maybe can make it work.

Dusk777

01-08-2011

I have looked in the install directory and could not see a LoL exe. Which is where i would have told it to DL. Pretty sure when it first downloaded the installer i pointed it at the desktop then installed to Program files and deleted the DL'd content.

I am asking if anyone has done this and what the process is to get the install on an externall HDD and then to get it on to another machine so it works as if i had downloaded it.

Tiger Woods

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneeflitchen View Post
I dont think it will work. I tried to give my LoL a friend of me because he has very slow internet speed. It didnt work just to copy the folder in the same path.
If you have 1337 skills with keywords ( regedit) you maybe can make it work.
this makes no sense, there are no registry entry's.

I already gave the anwser and it works,

if you dont know where you installed lol - right click the shortcut and click on open path/ find destination.

Once you do that, you have found the lol install directory - copy the entire map/folder and done.

But as I said, you need to manualy install adobe air or it wont work ( sine adobe air is installed via lol installer)

Quote:
I have looked in the install directory and could not see a LoL exe. Which is where i would have told it to DL. Pretty sure when it first downloaded the installer i pointed it at the desktop then installed to Program files and deleted the DL'd content.

I am asking if anyone has done this and what the process is to get the install on an externall HDD and then to get it on to another machine so it works as if i had downloaded it.
Do not listen to these people who obv. know nothing about computers.

example

for me, its very messy - I have about 5 clients installed at the same time
but my lol exe is here
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe

If you have trouble finding the lol.launcher.exe even tho you can find its destination trough right clicking a shortcut, use windows search to find the file for you.
100% sure, if you manualy install adobe air on the other computers, that the game is portable. it does no registry entry's since thats so 1955.

Headless Raider

01-08-2011

Keep your Setup files (these you got from the Downloader) for purposes like this. Install it again to your new harddrive to write it to the registry and stuff. Then simply transfer all the files from your old installation into this folder, overwrite existing files. - Worked for me.

Tiger Woods

Recruiter

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Raider View Post
Keep your Setup files (these you got from the Downloader) for purposes like this. Install it again to the new harddrive to write it to the registry and stuff. Then simply transfer all the files from your old installation into this folder, overwrite existing files. - Worked for me.
Sigh -_-
so untrue.

This is what I hate about IT everyone thinks they know what they are talking about, and than continue onto infecting other people creating so much ignorance.

Moermann

01-08-2011

1. install onto USB stick or HDD or any portable storage device
2. take USB stick or HDD or any portable storage device with you
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!!

Tiger Woods

Recruiter

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moermann View Post
1. install onto USB stick or HDD or any portable storage device
2. take USB stick or HDD or any portable storage device with you
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!!
3. install adobe air or no profit. ( not portable )