Utility "Awareness" Mastery - How useful is this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AldarnX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-07-2011

So just to remind everyone:

Awareness

Rank 4 / 4

Increases the amount of experience your champion gains by 5%.

So i thought this was a really good mastery to help in the laning phase, but when i started to think about it, does it actually make much difference? 5% extra experience is less than a full level, and spread out over the match would it really be noticeable? I'm wondering if these 4 points would be more useful elsewhere.

Thoughts?

1 900 MlCROWAVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-07-2011

for jungle it's usefull to got 1 rank in it.

Ahri Nine Tails

30-07-2011

It's really a mastery for junglers. Without it, they'll find themselves leveling up one group late which can cause problems on some characters. Other than that, there's not much point in it at all.

TeiX

30-07-2011

its critical for jungling (you can't hit lvl 2 with blue alone without it, not to mention xp is siginficant in there), and that that tier the mana mastery is awful :\)

the kind of laners that get good return from it would be the solo laners ot improve their lvl gap and help be dominant in lane

Cyclamate

30-07-2011

It's insanely good for one reason besides junglers.

Say you have the mastery, and your opponent in lane does not, Your reach lvl 2 faster on the same amount of creeps, go in for a trade with your 2 skills vs his one skill, win the trade.

You reach lvl 3 before he does.... etc you see where i'm going?

Pay attention to how you are leveling up and if you have a short level advantage or not. Try to abuse the level gap this mastery gives when it does.
This tactic also includes pushing the wave to reach 6 before your enemy does.

Calmon

30-07-2011

Its also good for AP! And the alernative is to have some extra mana based on base mana (tooltip still wrongly says max mana) is mostly worse.

Xp good for mages, just to get more damage earlier.

AldarnX

30-07-2011

Hmm i see, i only really jungle Rammus but i have been rocking this mastery on most of my champs.

true Cycle but it's only like, one minion difference, i find if i do reach lvl 2 faster they also level up just a few seconds later on the same wave, so does it make much difference?

AldarnX

30-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmon View Post
Its also good for AP! And the alernative is to have some extra mana based on base mana (tooltip still wrongly says max mana) is mostly worse.

Xp good for mages, just to get more damage earlier.
Is this true? Only base mana? What a fail! Gotta get rid of that then..!

TeiX

30-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldarnX View Post
Hmm i see, i only really jungle Rammus but i have been rocking this mastery on most of my champs.

true Cycle but it's only like, one minion difference, i find if i do reach lvl 2 faster they also level up just a few seconds later on the same wave, so does it make much difference?
at lvl 2 a champ will have 2 of his skills, wih some that's enough to immediately zone you out or outrigth kill you

Cyclamate

30-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldarnX View Post

If you watch your XP bar and get ready to trade the second you level up it's definately worth it and it wins lanes so hard if you have a champion that can abuse it.

I forgot to add, if your character in solo lane can not abuse it very well you take it anyway to prevent it from being used against you.