Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GfTobi

29-07-2011

I wanna buy lee sin, but im still doubting some1 has advice for me ( what r his pros, cons? Build? lane or jungle?)

tyvm

Worst CaIls NA

29-07-2011

Jungle, then he is fast, can solo dragon with just a madreds & smite, and has pretty decent ganking before level 6. Then, he gets overclassed my mumu & noc, but hey, you can jump to wards!

GfTobi

29-07-2011

tyvm i hope it works

Blackalokalupse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

ok IMO as someone who's played over 50 matches with him , ehem. He has a valuable role both in and out of the jungle. as in lane mate he can counter many champions ruthelesly with a rather demonic little CC on carries with cripple, and ofcourse the ability to reveal invis units will f*k up alot of opponents but il give you the pros and cons straigt out:
*impressive damage scaling in mid game
*easy kill stealer with resonating strike follow up
*reveals invis units
*has AD vamp
*has Spell vamp
*has armor buff
*has attack speed boost
*never run out of energy with passive
*damage absorbing shield
*bush checking with Q
*versatile in the ability to make a scary mid, laner buddy and jungler
*escape ganks effectively
*moves around the battle field with ease
*can disable entire team and dish out 1200 damage accross all the champs
*low cool-downs
*not item dependent until about level 10
*can hope to wards, so you keep wards, so you ward more, good for team
*can feed kills to allies effectivly
*can tower dive effectivly
*can beast down towers effectivly
*chases champions down like a monster
*can both burst damage and keep a constant damage flow
*this ****a is blind

and the cons:
*taken down by CC
*someone who knows lee sin can counter pick, not a good first pick for ranked
*tanks are alittle threatening
*you plunge into battle, you are kinda of urged to get health items mid way through mid game
*F*k silence
*incredibly ineffective against certain champions, like sivir with her spell shield
*late game, unless he is mastered or fed, youl struggle 1v1 against bruisers and fighters
*F*k silence
*having so many roles results in alot of hindsight from allies 'why no shield buff , you could have saved me"
*with the last, its easy to be selfish with him until you've mastered him
*F*k silence
*champions with flash... Q on them and Q to get to them, the flash backwards when your in mid air and you just jumped into their entire team, death, this kinda of thing happens often with him if you get cocky which happens quite easy

Morimacil

03-08-2011

Quote:
*taken down by CC
*F*k silence
*F*k silence
*F*k silence
by building tanky and getting merc treads, people will usually avoid using CC on you, so Ive never really had an issue with CC.

Quote:
*tanks are alittle threatening
Not if you build tanky

Quote:
*you plunge into battle, you are kinda of urged to get health items mid way through mid game
You build tanky

Quote:
*someone who knows lee sin can counter pick, not a good first pick for ranked
Very few champions are good counterpicks to lee sin. Sure, they can pick sivir, but really, they end up with a sub par carry, and you wont even end up in the same lane.
Quote:
*late game, unless he is mastered or fed, youl struggle 1v1 against bruisers and fighters
not if you build tanky

Quote:
*having so many roles results in alot of hindsight from allies 'why no shield buff , you could have saved me"
Not if you actually save them when you can :P
Quote:
*champions with flash... Q on them and Q to get to them, the flash backwards when your in mid air and you just jumped into their entire team, death, this kinda of thing happens often with him if you get cocky which happens quite easy
You dont need to land your Q, you can actually W back in midflight before you land. On days when Ive had too much coffee, I tend to do really bad harrass due to that, Q->Q->W, but W too fast before I land, and miss out on the dmg :P

Some other pros and cons:
Pros:
*He is the LoL embodiment of chuck norris, roundhouse kicking people in the face!
*Incredible fighter at low levels due to passive and good base dmg on Q, can first blood at lvl 1 waaay easier than other champs.
*Has amazing scaling with dmg

Cons:
*Banshee's veil kinda screws you over
*If you get behind a little, its incredibly hard. He can gain and keep an advantage incredibly easily, but if hes at a disadvantage, theres almost nothing he can do.

Blackalokalupse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morimacil View Post

Pros:
*He is the LoL embodiment of chuck norris, roundhouse kicking people in the face!
*Incredible fighter at low levels due to passive and good base dmg on Q, can first blood at lvl 1 waaay easier than other champs.
*Has amazing scaling with dmg

Cons:
*Banshee's veil kinda screws you over
*If you get behind a little, its incredibly hard. He can gain and keep an advantage incredibly easily, but if hes at a disadvantage, theres almost nothing he can do.
all your arguements make good points on the pro's and con's iv mentioned, but dude, build tanky? get tenacity? get get get get ffs i can solve almost anything with an item considering the variety of items that are available, and almost no champion would have any pro's or con's if everyone had 38 item slots but if you go down one particular route, pure AD getting a BT or IE, going tanky, atmogs ect. or even going hybrid with some proc, FM or TF, there are always down falls, iv measured my, reasonably long list of pro's and con's on everything iv found could happen with as much plausable hind-sight as possible.

sure you have your views i have mine w/e, i stick to my list though, lee sin isnt that straight forward as is any champion when you have over 70 different possible opponents and not just the champions uttility itself.

Morimacil

04-08-2011

I know you cant build a million items, but its still worth mentioning that those cons do not exist with a tanky build.
Building merc treads and atmogs resolves half the cons you have up there, while bringing pretty much none.

Especially the

Quote:
argument.
Soraka will struggle to 1v1 a bruiser. Veigar, gallio, leblanc, there are a ton of champions who actually struggle against bruisers, either because they are too squishy, or because they cant output enough dmg. Lee sin though, is not really one of them, if hes built with a healthy mix of devensive and offensive items, a core of merc treads, atmogs and last whisper for example, he can 1v1 pretty much anyone in the game, including other bruisers, without any issues.

Now sure, if you decide to build him as a glass cannon, hes going to have some issues, but the flaws are with your build, not with the champion himself.
Veigar for example, will have trouble with a tanky bruiser no matter what type of items he builds, there, the weakness lies with the champion and not with the items, runes, masteries, or playstyle.

Starn

05-08-2011

I tend to go Wriggle's or Brutaliser, dependng on whether I jungle or take a solo lane, then go Merc Treads, Aegis of the Legion, Trinity Force, Hextech Gunblade, then any item you want depending on how the game is going.

Reptiile

07-08-2011

I have played Lee Sin a lot and i consider him my main with over 100 games

Riot said he has a high difficulty rating and i partially agree, he is quite easy to play but it is very difficult to be awesome with him. I have played him jungling but i find him one olf the kings of solo top lane. His W spell is self castable and great for getting up off low health so you dont neeed to recall. His Q is such an awesome chase skill, poke and executer. Along with W the harrasment potential is quite hilarious. I play him as an offtank with extreme dps. I recomend warmogs, atmas, frozen mallet, mercury treads, more magic resist(BV or FoN) and hextech gunblade because all of its stats benefit different spells. I would advise playing him if you're willing to put the effort in. Hope this has helped.

Reptiile

pedra forlorn

07-08-2011

wrigles merc trinity atmas banshee

will that work good enough? if you go jungle that is
otherwise u replace wrigle with? hexdrinker maybe?