The real PC specs requirements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VahnKaiser

27-07-2011

xD Well they say that the recommended settings are: A single 3ghz CPU, a low GPU, and low ram. The thing is that i have an average CPU, good GPU and more than 2Gb Ram and still i cant run it above 30 fps, and where are too many minions or players it may drop to 10-15fps.
Is this a way to "intice" players to play LoL or what?

Grand Moff Yak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2011

Run on lower settings? If you already are - your computer doesn't have the specs it says it does.

0ga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2011

I can play well with a low cpu, low ram and a bad graphic card on this thing I like to call my old laptop.
I must say I had to lower my settings a lot to get it, but with low settings the fps are just fine.

Tried lowering your settings to minimum as well?

VahnKaiser

27-07-2011

My Specs are IntelP4 3.2GHZ ; 9500GT ; 3Gb Ram ... Do i need more, no... Riot, change the specs or at least test it first
Yes i lowered my settings to very low at still have some fps skipes especially at 5v5. The CPU minimum should be at least a Dual Core 2Ghz.

vLemon

QA Analyst

27-07-2011

Human eye can't detect motion discontinious with more that 25 frames per second(fps).
I have a much better desktop and laptop, ping 40-60 and still my fps are around 30 almost constantly. The motion seems fine normally but I also had problems in team fights where sometimes fps drops to 17 or 12. I think that'a a game issue (like the ping of all the players accumulated) and doesn't have to do with specs.
(I have i5 at 2.66, nvidia gts 250 with 1gb, 4 gb ram...)

NightKillerr

27-07-2011

Can run LoL fine on my PC as it's a gaming PC, but I can also run it at medium/high settings on my parents PC, which is a low-end intel-dualcore, with a €40 gfx card and 4gb of ddr2 ram at 60FPS without any hickups.

LoL runs on my laptop poorly at around 20 FPS though, but it's a cheap laptop with an intel "graphic accelerator" so no way around that.

I believe the sys requirements are decent enough to make the game run for most people.

Oh and Lemon, the eye might not "detect" more than 25 FPS, but playing at 30 FPS still makes your game experience worse cuz of screen tearing. It has nothing to do with what your eye can detect, it just doesn't run smooth.

vLemon

QA Analyst

27-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKillerr View Post
Oh and Lemon, the eye might not "detect" more than 25 FPS, but playing at 30 FPS still makes your game experience worse cuz of screen tearing. It has nothing to do with what your eye can detect, it just doesn't run smooth.
But it doesn't t least not in my case. Today I played with 30-32 fps and had no problem.
In the past I have had problems like momentery lags or low fps when all 10 players are in the same place, but never screen tearing (artifacts where for example you loose lines due to desyncronisation and mainly because very high fps). All the times image froze for seconds or less which means that entire consecutive frames where lost.

VahnKaiser

27-07-2011

Well i don't think that this is relevant, but i think that LoL is more CPU than GPU. I say this because I installed it on a 3Ghz Dualcore with an onboard GPU and Lol can load up at an incredible speed but it runs at 20 FPS with low settings. And i heard that people with high end graphic cards still have this "spikes" playing lol or spimply cant pass 60 fps bcuz they dont have a CPU better than 2.5Ghz Dual core.
Cant understand this at all, I mean... if i can run games like resident evil 5 why the hell can't i run a game with graphics that look like runscape xD ? Is it Bcuz Lol uses Dx10? Windows 7 always use dx10 as default, maybe thats the problem.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

28-07-2011

Hi Vahn,

It sounds like you more than meet the minimum requirements and for sure there are players with worse setups are playing with fewer FPS issues.

My guess is that in this case there may be some settings issues or hardware problems that are causing the slowdown. With FPS issues, our most common culprit ends up being overheating problems. You may want to try double checking your CPU/GPU temperatures. If that's not the case, you can also see this thread, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=52018 for some FPS troubleshooting tips and in-game settings.

VahnKaiser

28-07-2011

Hi Aregionius, thank you for your reply. Yh it seems so, I benchmarked again my computer and games like Res5 and Modern Warfare 2 cant run on my computer anymore. The CPU temp just jumps when 3D apps are running. For those who have heat problems try to ( If you know how ) to clean and change the termal paste, then clean the CPU/GPU fans. That may help

As for me, my PC has already several years ( except the GPU ) , the hardware may be kind of "rusty"xD, so there isnt musch that i can do.Thanks again for your replys