Kayle's Righteous Fury

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazabi

27-08-2010

So started playing Kayle a bit and i still have no idea what works on it and what not.

Spellvamp
Lifesteal
Rylais Scepter
Sheen/Triforce/Lichbane
Critchance

???

Rhoda Issa

27-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayle
Righteous Fury - Ignites Kayle's sword with a holy flame, granting Kayle a ranged splash attack and bonus magic damage.
Kayle harnesses her righteous fury to increase her attack range by 400 for 10 seconds. These attacks splash, dealing an additional magic damage to her target and nearby units take 20/25/30/35.5/40% of her attack damage plus magic damage.

The total bonus damage is 4/10/16/22/28 base damage plus (+0.3) (30% of her ability power).
The base damage of your auto attacks are physical, thus life steal. The other part is all magical damage, thus spell vamp.

Rylai's AoE effect procs on the splash (mallet on the physical)
Crit only on your target but not in the splash
Sheen modifies your base dmg and deals it as bonus dmg, so it does not effect the splash whatsoever.

Sazabi

27-08-2010

so if i understand correctly.
if i autoattack i lifesteal, but if i put righteous fury on - only spellvamp will work?
or do they both work at the same time with RF?

so sheen still works on the main target, but not in the splash? or it doesnt work at all?
what about lichbane?

Rhoda Issa

27-08-2010

There is a physical and magical damage component when using RF.

Sheen deals additional dmg, but only to your target. This works with RF on. It doesn't give you +AD so you won't notice it on the splash, it just applies when you deal damage on your target only.
Lifeleech works over the physical part of the damage, so not on the splash and bonus magic dmg on your target. Spell Vamp works on that though!

catnium

28-08-2010

An eazy way to remember wat works and wat not is to always remember that RF turns your basic melee attack into a ranged one with an extra bid of magical damage splash

So anything that works on your basic melee hit will also work on the physical damage part of your RF attack.
The physical part can also critt as far as i know how ever sinds kayle usualy dusnt stack any items with critt its not realy that important anyways there are alot better options for kayle to take than phantom dancer ,infinity blade or ghost blade

Anything that works on spell hit will work with the magical Splash effect of your RF

If you take tiamat your extra physical splash damage will translate on your ranged physical hits however the splash from tiamat will not proc an extra RF magical splash ( tiamat is generaly a bad item tho, dont take it. ).

both sheen and lichbane will work on RF,but you must understand that both sheen and LB only deal their extra bonus damage on your 1st physical attack right after you use a skill , so thay do not keep doing the bonus damage for the hole duration of your RF. Noir dus the splash damage benefit from the proc.

LB is not realy an item kayle would go for early in the game because of its low proc number on her skill rotation.
Both sheen and lb can proc off any skill you use and each skill has its own sheen or lb ( or triforce )cooldown.
Sheen.lichbane and triforce also dont stack if you have any combination or even all 3 of those you will always get a Lichbane proc on skill use and never the other 2 proc's.

for a standard kayle spell rotation it would look something like this.
Cast slow-> LB proc but probbly cant be used because your not in range yet.
Cast RF->2nd LB proc expended on your 1st attack for bonus damage.
Cast Heal ?! ->ok should you cast a heal it will also proc giving you a 3rd bonus damage burst.
And than your prettymuch out of spells unless you cast your ult aswell.
So as you can see you got 3 proc's there but was only able to use two because your 1st one got waisted because you was not in range noir had RF active at that point.

As you can see from the above example LB proc's are not realy effiiciant on kayle asmuch as thay are on someone like akali , udyr or other skill spammers.
Cost wize your better off buying other items such as rageblade or even gunblade 1st for your kayle that would increase your overall damage more than a triforce or a lichbane will.

GL and HF:
Catty

[eddit] Amg this was ma 1st post on the europe forums
hai all! <3 =D