How to counter mid annie?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dephei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-07-2011

I've been playing a lot of annie lately in normals. My win rate is around 80% with her. I always win mid with annie. Honestly, I don't know how to lose mid with annie. If anyone comes close I just QW stun and tower hug until I got my stun again.
Only champion I found who can outlane Annie is Mordekaiser (yes, yes es #1 and all that). And only because my team doesn't have a jungler. Other than him, I didn't find anyone who can stop Annie from free farming without feeding her hard.
She doesn't overextend, since she doesn't spam AoE skills.
So any tips how to counter her, when I play other champions and I face her?

EDIT: This is my reply to all the post - it's on page 19
First of all I didn't expect such a huge thread. I only read first few pages, but your answers are repeating, so here are my counter-arguments

Def
Akali - Yes, generally I'd agree that Akali can kill Annie, but I won't agree that she can outlane or even do good in a solo lane against her. I played only once versus Akali mid, and I have to say, before level 6, she is harmless and if she tries to last hit with Q or harass me, my Q W does more damge. I zoned her completely and was 2 levels above her, she was only thread late game in team fight phase.

Alistar - AP Alistar is annoying with his sustain, but still don't consider him a counter. He can't farm without gettin in rage for my harass. With his nerfed version, I suspect Annie hits harder and getting catalyst would balance out the sustain, as Alistar would be out of mana if he wanted to last hit and heal back all the harass

Anivia - Annoying as well, since I need to look out for her Q. But her Q is even slower than TF's and is easier to dodge, most of the time I never get caught. Extremely easy to zone before level 6. Past then, her RE (or RW) combo does less damage than annie tibber combo. Her egg is not that good, since Annie has small cooldowns and pretty easy to take her out, or at least force to go heal.

Brand - Brand is one of my biggest foes. I have exceptionally hard time against him. And I can never out lane a good brand, but so does a good brand can't outlane good annie. I'd say one of the best laners against annie.

Caitlyn - Not a bad choice, but against she suffer the skillshot as Anivia. I used to main lux and tf, skillshots are easy to dodge for me. Past that, she is rather squishy. And is easy to burst down if she tries to engage. Only way to die to her is to get caught in a trap.
Her R is really good for annie, since she is self stunned for few seconds. Most of the time, if she tries to R me, i flash in and kill her before she even finishes her animation

Cass - It's been her free week, but again - skillshots. Her 2 skills are skillshots. Against cass I try to get to lvl 6 and burst her down. Trading harass is bad against her. She is annoying, but not a problem for me. Maybe I just haven't met a good one.

Ezreal - I have to admit it, never played against one with Annie. But I suspect, he wouldn't be that bad after level 6. Before level 6 he could take annie. Still I'm not sure

Irelia - Same as Ezreal - never faced one mid. I image she is somewhat like Xin Zhao.

Karthus - Can't imagine how's he a counter. He can only last hit safely at best, Annie can free farm with him in a lane. He's so squishy and has no burst at all. Fought him in mid 3 times - free exp and gold in lane.

Kassadin - On paper, he would be a counter, problem is, his Q has a travel time, same as Annie Q. When he comes close to me to silence me, I stun him. He is stunned, I'm silenced. Lets me get in range for W and R.

Le Blanc - Her QW (silence and dash, if I'm not mistaken) is really annoying. But same as Kassadin - her silence has a travel time, which lets me stun her. She has massive burst, so it only means rushing Abyssal first. At level 1 and 2 she is harmless. At levels 3-6 she is really dangerous. At level 6, Annie wins the lane.

Lux - A really good choice. She outranges Annie and if I get caught in her Q, I lose a lot of HP. I faced few good Lux'es mid. But as I used to main her, her skillshots are most of the time dodged making her waste mana. Unless she's packing clarity, I will jsut bait her skillshots and drain mana.

Malzahar - Never had a problem against him. Problem with him is, that his R has no travel time, my Q has it. When he pools and Rs me, I use my Q. My Q arrives just a moment after his R starts, stopping the channeling and making him a sitting duck. His only option then is last hitting with his skills.

Orianna - Never faced her in mid - can't tell much. But I played her during the free week and I think she'd do good against annie. But she would need to last hit with the ball meaning it would drain mana. Anyway, won't comment any more

Swain - This is a 50/50 lane. Whoever gets the first blood wins. If I manage do dodge his nevermove, the lane is won, if he's good and catches me, lane is lost. Too bad there aren't many good Swains. Still, if I lose a lane, I safely last hit with Q. Only time I was dominated was when he had all AP runes and stacked doran's rings. Still I beat him in teamfights

Udyr - Never played against him in a solo lane. I imagine his same as WW.

Urgot - Same rooms as Karthus. Dodging his AoE that lets him 100% hit his Q is rather easy and he needs time to unload his full Q damage, while my full burst is done in 1-2seconds

Warwick - I only played against him before his Q nerf. I used to play a lot of WW before he got instaban in Ranked. His problem is mana. I just harass him at level 1-2-3 making him heal and waste mana. If somehow he manages to get me below 50% I just base and am completely safe. His only gap closer is his R and if he ever gets so close to me, he is open to my full combo

Xin Zhao - Worse than ww. Can't sustain that much. His full combo is really scary, but I always survive it, since I rush RoA and past his full combo and my full combo, my cooldowns come down much quicker than his and I finish him first

Stacking MR/HP. If my lane foe does that I am happy since I did my job - shutting down their carry or at least slowing down his progress. Defense route means less damage is done to me, and since my build is really tanky I can just out harass again, my the gap further and further.

I don't mean to sound that mid Annie is unstoppable. I do fail sometimes with her, sometimes jungler is really good and just kills me all the time. But in a perfect situation, where it's a 1v1 lane and skill level is the same. I do not think anyone can dominate Annie in a lane.

And to all people crying that Annie will be nerfed - she needs to you. This is a GAME. To have FUN. If you have 100% rate with a champion and can dominate anyone with it, without putting that much effort in it, I can't imagine how can it be fun. For one, Annie is my free win champion. And I think it's bad for the game, to have such an unbalanced champion. Again, this is coming from a regular Annie player. She's just too good. She gets so much reward for such a little effort.

EDIT 2
Tier list against Annie:
Tier 1: Rumble, Mordekaiser
Tier 2: Lux, Swain, Malzahar, Brand
Tier 3: Anivia, Akali, Karthus, Caitlyn

Tier 1: Can outlane Annie rather easy
Tier 2: Either can sustain and last hit safely and can kill annie before she does kill them
Tier 3: Champions which are not bullied by Annie and can last hit at their tower and kill her if Annie makes a mistake, or if a player outplays Annie. In a perfect situation, they would not be able to kill Annie

These are my thoughts, and I don't believe you can change them that easily.

Cpt Snowchu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-07-2011

get hp

Oglaf

14-07-2011

I have no clue.

I've tried everything from Kassadin to Ashe.

Once she gets to Level 6, she'll dominate the lane. Try to last hit a single Minion and KABOOOM!

Stunned and raped by Tibbers.

Try and get her before level 6?

Stunned and raped by her Q/W+Ignite.

KrolZydow

14-07-2011

thank you for showing others a way to win 80% of game now ;/

Faxity

14-07-2011

Leblanc.

Hagghish

14-07-2011

There's always Orianna (and Lux to a certain extent) that can just chill back and harass without ever getting in range of you. Malz should just be able to stay back and farm as well.

More or less: Outrange Annie and harass from out her range. Let her towerhug if you have to, that way she'll be competing with tower for kills.

CoR Karmasutra

14-07-2011

Play ranked & ban her. A high tier Annie player is probably the hardest champ to counter in mid. lvl 6 + flash is hell.

CF Clythez

14-07-2011

Swain is one of the possible solutions i have found, a well played swain will utterly destroy annie mid, since he can match her dmg bit for bit and has inbuilt survivability so he can stay 100% hp even after annie is 6 and starts to harass so she can kill you ...

RiotDaemon

QA Lead

14-07-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

There are a few lane bullies (Mordekaiser, Lee Sin, Rumble) that can deny her pretty well. Other than that I suggest stacking flat mr blues and getting a null mantle + 2 health potions to start off your lane with. Sure your start will be hampered slightly, but annie can't eat your face.

FTW Omaestro

14-07-2011

brand is a good counter imo.

1234511 ... 23